PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Item #2 (Scanography)


Petdevils
06-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi all,

Guess what it is to see the mystery item in all its glory :)

P.S if you saw the answer in the other forum please dont' tell :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2003/16708-m1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2003/16708-m2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2003/16708-m3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2003/16708-m4.jpg

Wolrab
06-09-2003, 07:29 PM
False colour image saturn ring plane crossing?

captan
06-10-2003, 04:42 AM
Is it a mirror? When I open the cover to my scanner I allways get this wierd bright rainbow colored light. With a mirror it would reflect it back to the scanner, But as it moves it creates wierd colorisations? Heh, maybe that's not it.

Petdevils
06-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Wolrab
False colour image saturn ring plane crossing?

nice guess... but no... its not a photo of outerspace..... my scanner can't do night skies :) think sciencey thoughts.

Petdevils
06-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by captan
Is it a mirror? When I open the cover to my scanner I allways get this wierd bright rainbow colored light. With a mirror it would reflect it back to the scanner, But as it moves it creates wierd colorisations? Heh, maybe that's not it.

No it's not a mirror

BUT!!!!!!!

you are exceedingly close!!!!!

Alias Art
06-10-2003, 12:29 PM
A diamond

but mine are bigger

Petdevils
06-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Alias Art
A diamond

but mine are bigger

no its not a diamond, however it can do something very special just like a diamond can... add that to the mirror hint and it shoudlnt' take long :)

captan
06-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Petdevils


no its not a diamond, however it can do something very special just like a diamond can... add that to the mirror hint and it shoudlnt' take long :)

a prism of sorts? Arrgh! This is killing me! Now I just got to find out what it is!

captan
06-10-2003, 03:53 PM
ummmm... maybe a metal foil of some sort or some thing (whatever it might be) which is made of some metal.

yeah metal, that's my final answer, lock it.

Petdevils
06-11-2003, 01:41 AM
CLOSE ENOUGH!

Here it is:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jun-2003/16708-answer.jpg

it's a small magnifiying glass for photgraphic negatives..... so yeah its a lens and i zoomed in on the colours.. well done for getting 2 of them right :)

Originally posted by captan


a prism of sorts? Arrgh! This is killing me! Now I just got to find out what it is!

captan
06-11-2003, 06:09 AM
yay! I win again! :D