PDA

View Full Version : While I was waiting

Inkling
06-09-2003, 03:06 PM
I haven't been posting much lately. I apologize for that. Due to a family members health problems I haven't had as much time as I usually do to hang out here at WC, but I have been stopping by every day to look and admire. What I have been doing is spending alot of time in waiting rooms and to keep from twitching from boredom I have been taking along my micron pens and a 7 X 10 hot press watercolor block and have been getting a whole lot of inking done. Here are two of them.

a little 3 x 3 butterfly....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jun-2003/5777-butterfly5.JPG

and a hawk's eye....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jun-2003/5777-hawkeye3.JPG

both these are done from images in the reference library. Hope you like.:)

prairie painter
06-09-2003, 03:47 PM
I like the tight perspective on these. Really effective work, especially with all that stippling.
Still, I hope you don't have quite so much sitting-and-stippling time in the future.
Take care!

artdude
06-09-2003, 03:51 PM
You certainly have been missed here, but family is more important than hanging around WC. Stop by and post when you can :)

LOVE the new stippled drawings you posted :) The butterfly is great! Since it's on watercolor paper are you going to add some color to the butterfly wings? It would be a nice touch, but I like it as is too :D

The hawk eye is stunning!! This has some good depth to it!! Nice to see some new inks from you. Take care of yourself and family :D:)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MonicaB
06-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Inkling, I'm sorry to hear about the cause for these, but the effect is awesome! I love both of them very much. . . .

drwells
06-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Inkling!!! These are awesome!! I'm the weirdo that looks forward to waiting rooms. he he he.... Free time to doodle. :)

Great Job! I'm glad you found time to post.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BTDogMom
06-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Heather - these r just awe-inspiring - just gorgeous :clap: :clap:

I'm the weirdo that looks forward to waiting rooms. he he he.... Free time to doodle. LOL - Then call me a weirdo 2 - I always get 2 the Dr. early 4 this very reason and my Dr. has an incredible salt water fish tank and I could sit and stare at that thing 4ever - has sea urchins and a whole bunch of other stuff that I don't know anything about - but it's PURDY :D

dolors
06-10-2003, 12:59 AM
I love both of them Inkling, specially the eyes of the second. Take care.

orchid black
06-10-2003, 01:04 AM
These are gorgeous! I was recently in the hospital myself, and had some time to doodle. I don't think I'll be posting it any time soon though! My prayers are with you and yours, and I hope everything turns out as it should.

Thank you for posting these! They are inspirational.:cat:

r4cord
06-10-2003, 01:11 AM
isn't it wonderful that out of a bad situation ,comes inspiration? great stuff!:clap: :clap: :clap: ...roy

sassybird
06-10-2003, 01:21 AM
Art is the best way to relieve worry and tension. Many people do not agree that art is therapy, but I have had personal experience in that area. The tighness of the pieces show that the worry you were experiencing remained in the forefront. The subjects you chose are free living beings, and I think that feeling is very normal under the circumstances you have experienced. Thank you for showing these. Recognizing what we like and what that work speaks are too different things. Honesty in our work should always be the first consideration.

Inkling
06-10-2003, 01:52 AM
Thanks to all for your comments and thoughts. I appreciate it very much.:)

seejay
06-10-2003, 02:45 AM
Nice work, thanks for posting.

Cheers

Dahzl
06-10-2003, 03:37 AM
These are lovely pieces of work - my favourite being the Hawk's eye - I really like the composition of that particular one and the way you have captured the essence of such a noble creature.

Fantastic!!

I with all the others- hope that everything goes well for you and your family with a speedy recovery back to health.

Regards Dahzl. :)

Jakeally
06-10-2003, 08:36 AM
These are just lovely Inky....especially the hawk:clap:
Yes we have missed you a lot and I hope everything works out well for you and your family.;)

BTDogMom
06-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by sassybird
Art is the best way to relieve worry and tension. Many people do not agree that art is therapy, but I have had personal experience in that area. The tighness of the pieces show that the worry you were experiencing remained in the forefront. The subjects you chose are free living beings, and I think that feeling is very normal under the circumstances you have experienced. Thank you for showing these. Recognizing what we like and what that work speaks are too different things. Honesty in our work should always be the first consideration. Wow! Charissa - that's beautiful! I can't believe I didn't tell u that I really do hope everything will b ok, Heather.:(

mel-ink
06-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Lovely work, inkling! They are both great pieces and I love your dotz! Nice job! Best wishes to you and yours...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Newwings
06-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Beautiful work, Inkling! And Sassy, I couldn't agree more...

Mark
www.newwings.50megs.com

TheBlizz35
06-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Really love the hawk's eye. Stippling is wonderful.

I'm also sorry to hear you've been spending time in waiting rooms.. and hope everything turns out ok. What a creative way to channel your energy.

Thanks for posting. Good wishes to you and your family.

marc
06-17-2003, 04:26 PM
Wow, this is some of the best stippling I have seen. I often find black & white ink too dark and heavy, but this is so light, soft, and elegant. I have no idea how you do this, but keep it up!

I would have liked to see the sharp tip of the hawk's beak, but maybe that's a scan issue?

chookbrown
06-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Gorgeous work!!!

Chooky :D:D:D