PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 9/6/03

angeline
06-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Ok I have Shingles.......thats my main news of the day......I got sent home from work last night and am now looking at at least 2 weeks off. I feel ok .....just a bit itchy at the moment.....but I have had Shingles before and I got poorly the 2nd week.
I will hide in my bedrrom and draw if i can when it gets that bad.
Oh well lots of time to catch up on some sketching and reading......I got 5 pastel books and an A to Z book of art from the library today so I can educate myself on well known artists as all we ever got in O'level art was just the equipment and subjects to draw/paint and no history. We never even had colour theory.
So I still have much to learn.
So how is everyone else's day ?

(love itchy and spotty)

angeline
06-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Oh and do we all like the new look to WC?

Smudger
06-09-2003, 02:25 PM
angeline - sorry to hear about the shingles i'm all itchy just thinking about it... still at least you can have some time to paint.

New look WC... cool:D

bnoonan
06-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Ange, so sorry to hear about the shingles. I hope you heal quickly and they allow you a great creative vent for painting. Think of all that energy you can use on paints instead of scratching.

Love this new WC look - have to say it was a surprise to find it here.

Just spent the better part of the morning at the SF Public Library and read an article that Jackie wrote for The Artist magazine - I think that's one from your side of the pond. Looks like a pretty good magazine and the article was quite well written - it had to do with composition and cropping.

Thinking I will put my paints to the canvas or paper this afternoon and try to post something later.

Take care and do relax a bit.

Barb

Mo.
06-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Oooh Ang ~ that's tough luck having shingles, aren't they quite painful too? You take care and get well soon.

I thought I was in the wrong place when I logged in ~ very smart it all looks.

Haven't done any painting for two days now~other things have got in the way, things I couldn't put off doing any longer, like clearing out my kitchen cupboards, finding loads of half empty sauce bottles and half chewed up packets of rice and soups ~ my pet Cockatiel loves to get inside the cupboards when he can and chew the packets and lables off the cans, I found two cans without lables ~ just have no idea what's in them . :D So now I have beautiful tdiy cupboars with stacks of space again.

Looking forward to seeing your latest Barb.

cheers,
Mo.

Mikki Petersen
06-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Eeww! Ange, I'm so sorry for you. My mom used to get Shingles fairly often and she really suffered with them.

Well, I'm making up for lost time with my painting. I have done three in the last two days and just started a new large landscape. Why, I don't know except I just have to paint.

Mo. I could use your sorting and clearing skills right now. I have to minimize my household goods by half...half the furniture, half the cookware, half the everything for the move next month into our new mountain cottage. Someone suggested E-Bay for my artwork, I have literally piles of it. Do any of you sell on E-Bay?

Oh well, once we are moved you will begin seeing me in the weekly's I hope. I will have so much gorgeousness around me and a lovely big front porch to work from. If I survive all this moving business, that is.

We are trying something new for this move. We have contracted with a company that delivers large 8ft by 5 ft by 7 ft tall containers to your house and you pack your belongs in them. Then the company picks them up and takes them to a climate controlled warehouse. when you are in your new place, they deliver whichever containers you want and keep the remainder in storage. Since my DH's shop equipment and most of my art stuff will have to be in storage a while, I really like the climate control feature.

Guess you are all getting tired of my whining about moving. This has just gottent o be such a loooonnnngggggg process!

Have a great evening all!

Katherine J
06-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Angeline, that's not fun having shingles, although you seem to be making light of it now - maybe not next week, as you said.

As for the new WC look, it's great, except that I can't see the type very well. I knew I needed new glasses, and having found out a week ago I have a cataract, I REALLY need new glasses. The print is defintely smaller here and I'm squinting at it!!

I was telling BevL in the oil forum that I just reorganized my studio by moving a clunky old, but very sturdy cubbyhole furniture we had to help me clean up the mess. It's allowed me to stuff away all that bumf that clutters my two work tables so much that I can't work on them any more! Now I've got everything SO organized, I don't want to muss it up! Wish I had digital so I could show you the beautifully organized studio.

I've just been doing assembly line underpainting of canvases in anticipation of getting my new 'previously used' easel from Carly which will allow me to do oils plein aire - can hardly wait.

Katherine