PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Discussion

JimFit
05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-20-2012/1066582_Image_(6).jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Fruit Discussion
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 30X40
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
My first oil paint!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Do i suck on painting? :P

La_
05-20-2012, 10:34 PM
this is so adorable
you must keep it forever

love the apple and grapes
shadows need work

do another with shadows
made of complimentary colors
instead of black

welcome to WC!

la

JimFit
05-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Wow!!! La_ i am speechless from your comment! Thanks a lot! I did the shadows like this to give a little emphasis and movement!

tony1
05-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I agree with La, there's something about this piece that just hits me.

Nicely done. I wouldn't change the shadows on this one - it all fits, but another with what La suggests (being as you're new let me tell you - listen to her, she's good!) on the shadows is worth your time.

JimFit
05-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks Tony! Of course i will listen to her!
I was studied the colours and another famous paintings before i start painting with oil colours, i gave a little emphasis to that thing that will catch attension of the viewer, i will not reveal my secrets how i achieve that hehe :P

CharlotteSuckling
05-22-2012, 04:51 PM
This reminds me of a book I had by - I think it's the illustrator Eric Carle? - when I was little. Very charming piece, the lighting and the rustic feel makes it very Mediterranean.
I would say, the background could be lightened in places with yellows, as the overall feel is quite dark - like a piece set in evening time. Yellows could brighten it up and make it pop more, but it is lovely as it is.

JimFit
05-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks Charlotte! I don't know this Eric Carle but i will definitely study him!
You are right about mediterrenean because i am from Greece! There is not light bevause made it without a model! It just came to me only on my mind!