PDA

View Full Version : encaustic 08-06-03

Healer
06-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Hi all,

Thought I'd post this one. Not had much chance to do some creating with wax this week or so. Comments and criticisms welcome as usual.

Untitled
Approx 16 x 12 inches
Encaustic wax on tissue paper coated sealed white card

cheers
Andy

sciartist
06-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Wow. This is great. A little disturbing, but great.

edzstudios
06-08-2003, 08:34 PM
I really like your encaustics, I just started working in encaustic myself about a month ago. This piece looks very cool, kind of violent almost... Do you do it with a brush, and fuse after? or do you use an iron or what?...

jenna_searcher
06-09-2003, 12:33 AM
ooh this is funky and a little freaky. viscious waterbugs on rippling color waves. nice. :)

somerset
06-09-2003, 02:42 AM
You know, every piece you post is better and I've liked them all. I have ulta-high expectations every time I see you post. Keep them coming!

Tamana
06-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Hi Andy! Great to see one of yours before I head back out of here this morning! I like it. It reminds me of frozen ice. The last freeze of Spring. Regardless, I like. :)

Shalom,

Tam :)

Healer
06-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Thanks Mike, Lazarus, Jenna, Michael and Tamana for looking and commenting.

Lazarus - I used the iron only in this piece. I covered the card in tissue paper (well, medical wipes from work to be precise) which I sealed to the card using clear wax. Then I put some colours down on the paper and then heated areas of the card and creased the tissue whilst it was able to move. This leads to raised areas and nice effects where the creased coloured areas are. Then did some more work around the creases and then on the creases themselves by running the iron across them.
Sometimes I use the air gun, sometimes the stylus. I want to try and "draw" more in the future so it looks like I will be getting in some practice with the stylus.

Tamana - Nice to see you popping in here. Is it too late for me to send those surplus art materials?

see ya's later,
Andy

Xerielle
06-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Encaustic works are quickly becoming my favorite. This is so alive with depth. :clap:

surreal
06-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Interesting colors and textures.

Tamana
06-09-2003, 10:39 PM
((((Andy))))

Sorry so late getting back to you!! I just got in from Charlotte not long ago. I would have to say it probably is too late, re: Mexico. Except for the last minute supplies, the trucks are fairly loaded to the gill, and departure is Monday @ 5:00 am. There will always be another time!! Just keep them in a box and I'll let you know.

I plan on doing this for awhile.

Andy, just you offering means more to me than you could know. Saying thank you seems so inadequate.

Shalom,

Healer
06-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Xerielle and Nina - Thanks so much for looking and commenting ladies

Tam - No problem. I shall keep them (and any more I build up in the meantime) safe until another opportunity pops up

Andy :) :angel:

Tamana
06-11-2003, 10:04 AM
:) :angel:

Shalom,