PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Members Only Online Show Prospectus

CarlyHardy
05-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Check out the front page on the Oil Pastel Society site for this year's show prospectus. No big changes from last year's show for this year except the title of the show which will be....

Illumination

(shining a light on oil pastels)

Hope to see a lot of artwork from the oil pastel forum!!

CarlyHardy
05-20-2012, 12:03 AM
That url would be http://oilpastelsociety.com

MaryThompson
06-05-2012, 07:09 AM
I'm new to entering themed art shows and contests and I have a question about interpreting the title and theme of the show. I assume that 'Illumination' and 'shining a light...' imply that the image should feature some drama between light and shadow. Is that all there is to it? Other than that, the subject matter can be any original image we choose?

Thanks,
Mary.

halthepainter
06-07-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm new to entering themed art shows and contests and I have a question about interpreting the title and theme of the show. I assume that 'Illumination' and 'shining a light...' imply that the image should feature some drama between light and shadow. Is that all there is to it? Other than that, the subject matter can be any original image we choose?

Thanks,
Mary.

Mary, I don't think the title and description should be taken a litterally.

"Illumination"
Shine A Light on Oil Pastels!
2012 Members' Only Online Show
The 2012 Members Only Online Show featuring oil pastel works will "shine a light on oil pastels". All members whose dues are up to date for 2012 will be eligible for entry.

I think the intent could be stated as "Showcasing Oil Pastels."

So join in and submit what ever you like.

MaryThompson
06-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh, ok. Thanks Hal.