PDA

View Full Version : xpost - 17 ... with a nose ring - WIP

Brayzen
05-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Started this over in the watercolor forum ... working on this one for the upcoming unjuried show at the ASAA forum in Michigan.

17 ... with a nose ring
8" x 10" - Arches cold press block 300lb
Lukas 1862's (pans) - watercolor

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2012/150967-nose_ring_800_stage_2.jpg

next update in a couple of days ... :cool:

NeilF92
05-19-2012, 05:29 AM
An interesting looking layout Mark . Not too many watercolourists on the Aviation front - I love to see the textures obtainable on various papers and the amazing realism, clarity and strength that experts in the field produce . I have dabbled in watercolour but never mastered getting down to credible darks - always a bit too light touch . Hence Oils and Acrylics for me.

shadwell
05-19-2012, 07:42 AM
as neil says it is nice to see good watercolour work in aviation works as it seems to be a lesser chosen medium

i should do more seeing as i invested in a very expensive set that sees very little use !!

halthepainter
05-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Mark, I look forward to your progress on this.

Brayzen
05-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Neil - Thanks for the comment!! Watercolor has always been my medium of choice - don't know why - I just seem to understand it ... :cool:

shadwell - Great to hear from you!! One thing about watercolors - a little goes a long way - your set could last forever (especially if you don't use it)!!

Hal - Thanks for checking in!!

The latest update - adding some reflection and "the ring" ... more to come!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2012/150967-nose_ring_800_stage_3.jpg

Feel free to comment!!

shadwell
06-10-2012, 09:08 AM
shadwell - Great to hear from you!! One thing about watercolors - a little goes a long way - your set could last forever (especially if you don't use it)!!

Feel free to comment!!

i,d say that's a given !! i realy should go and buy some watercolour paper !!