PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 Buttermeer

arnieb
05-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Been trying to get the bare trees done on this one today. They still need some more work. Thought its time to quit for today.
The big tree on left is meant to be the COI.
18x14 Oil on canvas all C&C welcome. Thanks Arnie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2012/192075-mini-Buttermeer_-2_.JPG

Debzy
05-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Wow Arnie, you have really created a wonderfully moody scene here! The light coming through the clouds and hitting the mountains along with the dark shadow on the mountains is extremely well done! i can really feel the weather. I also love the light in the foreground and the lovely colour contrasts. Would love to walk through there! debs. great job so far, I really like it a lot. =))

arnieb
05-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks Debs:wave: . Some more work on this one today/yesterday - think I'm going to call it done now.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2012/192075-mini-Buttermeer_-4_.JPG

docsaro
06-07-2012, 10:14 AM
wonderful as usual.. that foggy background and fore ground grass are stunning... you seems to have a signature painting style...I am able to identify you from yours....

Saravanan.

arnieb
06-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks Saravanan. Going to post this one in the Open forum next week - just sorting out the rework from previous critiques on my Patterdale picture first. Thanks again Arnie.

tony1
06-27-2012, 07:59 AM
The mood of this piece is great. But I have to say if the big tree on the left is the COI I think it needs some work. My eye keeps getting drawn to the front most tree on the right - because of the contrast of the trunk, and the contrast due to shadows on the ground there. I think you need some contrast on the tree on the left, or something, to make it more prominent. I understand it's further away, but if it's the COI it needs to draw more.

That being said - I think it's fine as is. I only bring up the minor crit because you mentioned that tree was supposed to be the COI.

I like this as is, and I'm becoming a big fan of your landscapes.

Andrewcody
07-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Surely the centre of interest has to be the mountain
Against this the tree, any tree is insignificant at present
The summit is not perfectly placed, it doesn't have to be, add some snow capping to the inner small peaks.
Some white highlight to the cloud cover
My opinion anyway :)
Andrew

arnieb
07-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks Tony and Andrew. I've subsequently posted this one in the Open Forum, and following comments I'm still deciding what to do to finish it off - problem is getting distance right between tree on left and those on the right. Thanks again. Arnie