PDA

View Full Version : American Society of Aviation Artists

jetplane
05-18-2012, 11:59 AM
With this new forum in place I think it's appropriate to give a mention of the ASAA for those interested in Aviation Art, but perhaps are not aware it's existence.

"The ASAA is dedicated to promoting and preserving mankind's aviation and aerospace heritage through art."

Despite being in the UK I joined the Society in 2006, and there is no doubt in my mind that my art has improved as a consequence. The ability to meet and speak with some of the best Aviation Artists in the world is an amazing thing.

In addition they offer a Mentoring Program

"The American Society of Aviation Artists Mentoring Program provides one or two apprentices with the opportunity to work with a faculty of some of the best aviation artists in the business to create one painting in a year's time."

Associate Membership is only $40 per annum and this includes receiving Aero Brush, a quarterly color magazine that keeps you informed of upcoming events, tips and tutorials from the premier aviation artists in ASAA, and other ASAA related information.

So if you are interested in Aviation Art there really is no reason not to join.

The ASAA website is currently undergoing a major facelift, and will be launched shortly, however if anybody is interested in joining please let me know in the meantime and I will ensure your interest is passed on to the membership chairman

Please feel free to PM or post here any questions you may have

regards

Pete

halthepainter
05-19-2012, 09:24 AM
The American Society of Aviation Artists is a wonderful site with incredible art work.

http://www.asaa-avart.org/

It is certainly worth a check flight. :D