PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about this

Stacy_Renee
06-07-2003, 04:00 PM
This is an experiment. But I like the colors. It just doesn't really have a focus. I need to work on that point. The camera didn't flash when I took it so it might not be very accurate picture. I took it in natural light. I used a plastic bag to get the effects and then after it was dry I added some more colors. There is another one that I did also. I'll included that picture too.

:cat: stacy

Stacy_Renee
06-07-2003, 04:02 PM
here's the second one. this is actually the first experiment. its just been sitting around so i added something to it. i like it better now.

surreal
06-07-2003, 04:59 PM
The colors and shapes are interesting in both.

However, I think both pieces could benefit from the use of contrast.:)

Mary Riggs
06-08-2003, 04:24 PM
The first piece reminds me of a spray of flowers laying on its side. I agree with surreal, more contrast could turn them both into something spectacular. The texture you achieved is wonderful. Would you explain your technique?

What size, medium, paper?

Stacy_Renee
06-08-2003, 08:06 PM
i used watercolors. on 11X15 paper, 140 lb.

how would i add more contrast? any suggestions? i'm open for comments.

Stacy_Renee
06-08-2003, 08:11 PM
oh...about the method. I wet down the paper thoroughly with a spray bottle. then i add some colors and mix them around. after i am happy with the mixture i lay down a plastic grocery bag. then i press over the entire area with my hands so the bag is securely stuck. then i wait 4 or 5 hours to make sure its completely dry before i carefully peel off the bag. that's the most exciting part since you never know what you'll get. then i will go in very lightly with a brush and add washes of very light color over some areas to add contrast and more color. when i'm satisfied with it i'll let it dry. i might add more color and contrast later.

this is still a work in progress....i'm still experimenting...