View Full Version : Shell game ...

King Terrier
06-07-2003, 04:26 PM
This guy decided to take a rest in the middle of the road, in the Chicago Botanic Garden. Fortunately there's not much traffic within the Garden, but we coerced him to the other side, anyway.

Cropped, high pass filter

06-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Nice close-up. Didn't expect to come across a critter like that, did you? Are those stripes in his eyes the reflection of his body stripes or are his eyes striped, too? Or didn't you ask him? :)

King Terrier
06-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Thanks, Ray. I wondered the same about the stripe. Of course, I didn't see it until I downloaded the photo. It certainly appears to be part of the eye. Can't see how it could have reflected. Unfortunately, I didn't ask him.:D

06-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Awesome color and detail KT! Those eyes are amazing!!

Stunning shot :clap: :clap:

06-07-2003, 07:27 PM
What a handsome guy! I think those are his eyes...I can't see what/where they would be reflected from.

Great shot, KT!

06-07-2003, 09:14 PM
I posted a close-up almost the same as this except coloring the other day & their eyes are striped! I love the greens!
here's the thread with my turtle! (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111764) It's a Painted not a snapper.
Funny I had to move mine out of the road too! Looking for egg-laying territory!

Anyway this is a great shot!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

06-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Sunny, on your's it almost looked like some kind of eyelid, but sure enough, it appears to be striped, too. Wonder what purpose that serves, if any?

06-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Wonderful shot KT. So sharp and clear.
I think the pavement is probably warm and they are cold blooded animals, so they are warming up by laying on the roadway. Unfortunatly that is a good way to get run over, except when there are people like you around. Good job!

06-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Great shot, K.T.

This is from a shot I took this afternoon. The turtle is a snapper. And that's ME in the refelction.

06-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Great turtle, KT! I love the colors. :) And Julie, are you insane? I hope that was a LITTLE snapper. :)