PDA

View Full Version : Flutter by

']['REMBLE
06-07-2003, 03:17 PM
...Butterfly. done soley in photoshop7 with my wacom...i have mixed emotions about this...not sure i like it...hmmm. thought i'd post it and check the reaction of my peers...hehe!
']['

Solace
06-07-2003, 05:05 PM
I like this, How did you do it if you don't mind me asking. This alone looks good, but if you incorperated a backround somehow that could really add to it. ^^

']['REMBLE
06-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Solace, I did this in Photoshop 7. i started with the custom shape tool that looks like a butterfly. then i changed the outline to be, shall we say..different?then i drew my fractured abstract design in various colors on one side.just flat color at 100% opacity.then , when i was satisfied with the colors and shapes, i started selecting individual colored areas and applying a glass filter in the color of the selection.when all the colors were "glassed", i selected the bkgrd, which was black, and glassed it too.when i try to select the butterfly now,i lose alot of the little bugger.:rolleyes: But heres my attempt at a background...
']['

Alias Art
06-08-2003, 09:04 AM
Here’s one way I can see that you might change the background—use the eraser tool all the way around the outside of the picture zoom in to get the last small unwanted edges.
Save as-- !!!
make a new background and layer the butterfly over the top- I know it will work, now ! how does one do the layers I ask myself--.. my project for tonight, and maybe for a few nights to come..

personally I would like to see light shining through this, stained glass is best when back lit--

best AA

ajlec2000
06-08-2003, 04:36 PM
I like the quality of the colors against the black background.

Wolverine
06-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Butterfly. I like black so I'm going with the first one. I have a question. It looks like there are more black lines on the left side two wings than on the right two wings. Or is it just me or you want it that way? It's a winner though. Too Cool! Awesome job. :clap:

']['REMBLE
06-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Alias Art, not sure i want to change it again, think I'll move on to something different. :D

aljec, glad stopped by, and glad you like!:D

Wolverine, i only did half a butterfly and duplicated it and flippedand pasted, so the halves are pretty much identical.However, i did wait to "glass" the piece until it was pasted together,so th lighting profile caused the left side to show up darker than the right. i cannot explain why, i just know that it did. Glad you like!:D

']['

Wolverine
06-08-2003, 08:47 PM
yep...you're right...it's just darker. How much for a butterfly with the black background? It's too cool. WooHoo! :D

']['REMBLE
06-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Wolverine
yep...you're right...it's just darker. How much for a butterfly with the black background? It's too cool. WooHoo! :D

W, i've never sold a piece b4 and i wouldn't know what to charge...besides, it doesn't exist...in reality. It's a virtual image...lol

plumpfairy
06-10-2003, 11:47 AM
:D Nice! I like the blk bkgrnd one best......and the 'gooey-ness' .....the colored areas look like wet slime....in a good way! tee-hee!
jana:D ;)

']['REMBLE
06-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by plumpfairy
:D Nice! I like the blk bkgrnd one best......and the 'gooey-ness' .....the colored areas look like wet slime....in a good way! tee-hee!
jana:D ;)

hmmm gooey goodness...flutter by butterfly
thanx jana!
']['

MarciaJane
06-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Great colours in this Trem - I too like the black background.

Looks really lovely !!! Would make a nice piece of jewellery or something similar for us females. :)

Marcia