PDA

View Full Version : Fijian Dwelling! =))

Debzy
05-18-2012, 02:25 AM
This is another watercolour I have started from my Fiji trip. Early blocking in stage. Most dwellings look like this, usually weatherboard, colourful and they have their washing out all the time. :D :wave:

arnieb
05-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Good start - like all the palms. Would it look better perhaps showing a suggestion of front edge - to make it look more 3d?Arnie

Debzy
05-19-2012, 09:57 AM
yes, you are right Arnie! I will be putting a lot more in this scene as time allows, and I hope to eventually make it look 3D. Thank you! There are two different palms, coconut and banana, they are lovely and there were actually this many in the setting! Cheers and thanks Arnie! Debs. =))

docsaro
06-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Coming out nicely..that fencing looks stunning at the start...

Saravanan.

Debzy
06-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Thanks Docs, I am going to do some more work on this one in a few days. Trying to finish up so many at the moment, had 5 unfinished! Hope you are keeping well. Cheers. Debs. =))

Debzy
08-31-2012, 02:55 AM
I finally got back to this one, I am painting this from a photo I took whilst in Fiji earlier this year. Just added a bit more colour and blocking and some minor details, still a way to go but its getting there. Any critique welcome. Cheers =)) Debs.

Andrewcody
08-31-2012, 03:19 AM
This is lovely Deb.
I can see a couple of banana trees and even some Taro
Well done
Andrew

leisure artist
08-31-2012, 04:06 AM
love the colour of the sky against the greenery....lovely subject...christine:)

Debzy
08-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks Andrew and Christine, yes, Taro and banana ... they are everywhere! This will take a bit to complete, there is quite a bit in it. Not sure whether to put the satellite dish in it or not??? There was one in the reference photo! I may put a person in somewhere, but not sure yet, maybe hanging out the washing? Anyway, I have a bit to go but it is a change to be doing a Fijian scene! The colours are so different from Australia! Cheers and thanks for the encouragement! Debs. =))

arnieb
08-31-2012, 03:16 PM
This is coming along nicely. Love the bright colours and crisp focus. The watery leadin/fg is interesting too. You dont have to put the sat dish in! Looking pretty well done to me. Arnie

Debzy
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Thanks Arnie, I do still have a bit that I want to do with this, but it's nice to get the positive feedback and I am glad I am on the right track! I wasn't keen on adding the sat dish, I think it takes away from the simplicity of Fijian village life (even though every second home there has one =)) !!! I prefer to depict the natural lifestyle they live without the invasion of technology. I still want to add more detail to this, but wish to keep the water colours as bright and clear as possible. The greens in Fiji are so different from Australia, and the vegetation is also completely different. That is what I noticed the most while I was there. It was like looking through clear glass all the time, all colours were so pure! Anyway, enough raving, I will try to keep this as clean and simple as possible because that is how I saw it. Thanks again and will post next stage soon. Cheers and thanks Arnie! =)) Debs.