PDA

View Full Version : Mom,Daughter&Doll - Quick Oil Pastels

The Wanderer
06-07-2003, 02:21 AM
Hi :)

This is my first attempt with a box of 24 oil pastels my friend's sisters' kids left on the table.

I did it hastly, finished in an hour on a rather large block paper.

Comments are welcomed ...

Enjoy :)

jackiesimmonds
06-07-2003, 04:31 AM
I am just back from Israel, and while there, I walked by a number of galleries and noticed how colourful and lively the art in the windows.

This lovely picture is so painterly and colourful- it is almost Chagal-like! Well done you. I really like that it is not too literal, and has a strong semi-abstract feeling to it. Lovely shapes.

I like it a lot.

Jackie

Artaholic
06-08-2003, 12:22 AM
:clap: wanderer,I also like the brightness of this piece! sooks like you enjoyed doing it.

Gerry

christmascarolnz
06-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Hi Wanderer. I'm with Jerry & Jackie - your painting shows you must have had fun with the oil pastels. I like it and its' colours as well.
Good one.
Cheers,
Carol

meowmeow
06-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Wonderful colors and composition. I like what you did there on the left with the background...adds interest but doesn't take away from the main topic.

Sandy

Dima
06-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Very nice and colourful, indeed!

Dick

angecald
06-09-2003, 01:11 AM
I love the lit faces against the shadowed background, and the shadows full of colour and pattern. The figures blended together look so intimate, and yet it's not sentimental. This is a mighty good "quick sketch".