View Full Version : Quick Landscape
05-07-2001, 08:34 PM
quick sketch i did of a place nearby.
crayons and ink pen on raritan sketch paper.
all comments welcome.
<IMG SRC="http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2001/land.jpg" border=0>
[This message has been edited by Giambologna (edited May 07, 2001).]
05-09-2001, 04:32 PM
Nice sketch. Realizing this is a finished sketch, here are a couple of observations for you...
- Good, consistent handling of the textures in the landscape.
- The item in front of the standing tree is somewhat ambiguous and I can't tell what it is, but you don't need it for this particular composition.
- The downed tree to the right is wonderful. moving that inward toward the focal point of the scene would strengthen the grouping even further.
- Emphasize the standing tree, or the small tree with grouping to the right of it. Since both are the same relative height, it is difficult to discern which the viewer should concentrate on.
- You have a good sense of the direction the light is coming from.
Keep up the good work!
L. Diane Johnson (http://www.LDianeJohnson.com/) NAPA, PSA
2001/2002 Plein Air Workshops (http://www.LDianeJohnson.com/workshops/)
05-11-2001, 07:25 PM
thanks for the great comments artistry!
this is just a warm-up sketch i did of a place near my house. as for the placement of things i drew it exactly as it was in nature. don't plan to do anything more with this. it was just something fun to do i thought i would share with everyone.
05-15-2001, 01:00 AM
As much as i do agree with Diane on her thoughts regarding this peice i'd also like to point out that you are doing a great thing for yourself in going out and observing the things that are near you. It's always been funny to me that people think that there's nothing of interest to paint near thier homes. I like this type of scene and wouldn't mind seeing it developed into a painting at all!
05-17-2001, 12:14 PM
I agree with Diane`s comments. I really like this. I also like the colours you have used. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/cool.gif
vBulletin® v3.5.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.