PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Project Lullaby

captan
06-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Project Lullaby is the working name of my new animation project that will propably take me several years to finish. I've just spent 11 days working on the first 6 seconds of film (it's not the opening scene though). And thought I'd share it with you guys. It's not finished though - I need to put the frames (all 72 of them) thrue some serious "post production" in Photoshop to get the right feel to it, and also I need to draw and animate the 40 or so frames for the character in this scene.

You can download the first (still unfinished) scene here (http://hem.bredband.net/matsam/lullaby/) (you need to scroll down a bit and it's in the "Previews and Downloads" section). It's 1,5 MB in avi-format. Let me know if you can't watch it or sumpin' as I don't know if the file will run on the Windows OS.

All 72 frames are unique and crafted with watercolours on aquarelle paper.

I hope to have this scene finished by the end of next week. Any/all comments/critique are appreciated.

For info on this project check out: http://hem.bredband.net/matsam/lullaby/

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2003/14313-sampleFrame.JPG

Alias Art
06-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Ha! I can see you are on a mission—so far soo good

I do hope you take a packed lunch with you--

I just recently installed Adobe imageready 7 package and am learning --

captan
06-07-2003, 05:37 AM
heh, yeah, "packed lunch" - I take it thats a metafor for actually taking a break every once in a while. And in that case yes - today is my first day off after 11 days of hard work - going off to the beach and just relax for one full day before I continue on this project.

plumpfairy
06-07-2003, 11:24 AM
:D Wow! What a project you've taken on here.....animation seems to be labor intensive work. Very nice forrest scenes....it looks like the trees are growing in water.....was that your intension?
Is the girl (3 of'em) the main charactor?
Looking forward to more from you.....weee!
Will you be paid for this?
jana:D ;) :clap: :clap: :clap:

captan
06-07-2003, 01:50 PM
Yeah, it's a lot of monotonous work - but I think it's worth it, since it's been my dream for the past 4-5 years to do my own animated short.

Yeah, she's the main character (or should I say the evolved version of her). I just needed a splash for the site and that one was allready online at the time but I should propably scan some better pics of her - that one is a couple months old now... You'll see more of her (in motion) in about a week or so.

and no - I don't get paid to do this.

fugitive
06-08-2003, 04:56 PM
wow, what an ambitious project, glad your doing it, as I can't seem to finish single painting, projects very well. I need an assistant to help me.:cat:

captan
06-08-2003, 09:10 PM
thanx for the reply, as for finishing projects... I don't even remember how many projects I've started and not finished yet. This is obviously the biggest project ever for me (it actually started a year ago with me taking the step to learn a little about cell animation - and I've been planning it in my head for at least 3-4 years now). At least I've got almost a life-time left to finish it.

Wolrab
06-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Ambitous. creative, goals, and great art work tu-voot. This is a project I will be watching out for! Some kind of wonderful.....

captan
06-10-2003, 04:46 AM
thanx! :)