06-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi, Jolie asked, if I had any of my painted collages on line. Here is
one.
you can also visit my website at.. www.pamsandersart.com
It is done with acrylic paint, wallpaper, tissue, and computer
images.

Tamana
06-06-2003, 04:24 PM
You're bloody fantastic!! The site's incredible. Collage is one of my favorites, and you've gone off the chart with them. I am totally mezmerised by your process of creation. I can really see the influences in your life. Mayan, Inca, Egyption, Indigenous etc. etc. etc. (or maybe I just see my influences in your creations...)

Regardless, to me they're there. And what's more amazing is that you don't shift, it seems, from one influence to the next as a lot of artists do. It appears that you retain and add a new influence at the same time, be that influence thought, imagination, or something inspired by sight.

I love that jacket! I'd like to see how you would match a hat with it. All hail Queen of Collage. Yay for collage and queens!!!!

Shalom,

Tam :)

paperpam
06-06-2003, 04:44 PM
I'm not worthy .......But I am obsessed.
Art is my life. Thank you for your wonderful comments.
I am very much inspired by ancient art and culture. I tell people, that I am a would be archeologist. I don't dig up artifacts. I make them. In fact, my business name is... AR-TE-FACTs

Mary Riggs
06-06-2003, 04:53 PM
You are a genius in how you create texture, which is my first love in art, any art!

Glorious colors in Moon Dance on your web site. Loved drooling over all your work.

paperpam
06-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Thank you. Moon Dance is a digital collage. The figures are from a painting I did. Then I scanned some of my photos for the background and did brushstrokes over them. I have been doing this alot lately, I love my computer programs. I can make new art from old.:D :D

jolie
06-06-2003, 05:21 PM
thanks for posting something so quickly. i checked out your site and i love your work! the collage jewelry is so clever. i actually bought supplies to make some last year and have never gotten around to it. i'm looking forward to seeing more stuff soon.

jolie

paperpam
06-06-2003, 05:39 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jolie, I just saw your website...It's awesome......
I love the simplicity of your work and the colors...WOW!!!!!!!
You are a diva of texture and color.
I like the way you put your site together. I am still working on mine. My jewelry is done with leftover matboard and paper I make on my computer.

jolie
06-06-2003, 07:15 PM
paperpam,

thank you so much for your compliments! i absolutely adore texture and rich colors, so naturally they find their way into all my work.

as far as my website goes, i'm very, very lucky, because my hubby is a computer programmer. before i put my site together, i gave a lot of thought to what i do and don't like about other sites then came up with a design and gave it to him. he told me what was and was not realistic, wrote all the bits he felt would be complicated for me, then gave me a program and explained how to use it to finish the site off. he recently wrote a program to make it even easier to update the site, as i was finding it very hard to keep up with updating it. that is probably mostly do to my horrible photography skills though. how am i supposed to post something if i can't even get a decent photo of it? LOL i still have a bit of tweaking to do after the last update a few days ago, but am happy that some of my more recent work is finally up.

i'd love to hear more about your process with making collage jewelry. how do you make the matboard strong enough? obviously, the collage isn't heavy, but as jewelry is wearable it must be at least a little sturdy. i haven't a clue how to strengthen it. are there other materials that work well for the support surface? i'm just thinking of all the leftover materials i might be able to utilize. also, do you find it tricky to work on a smaller scale? i imagine it could get a bit fiddly. anyway, you've inspired me, so i might try some this week.

jolie

paperpam
06-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Jolie, I use 2 pieces of matboard and glue them together, then I paper mache over them. I use 'mod podge' for the paper mache. I am a crafter by heart. I work at a craft store. To glue the pieces together, I use Tacky glue. When it dries, it is very hard. The mod podge adds to the strength. It is almost like ceramic when i am finished. People don't realize it is paper.
For the small scale, I couldn't do it without my computer. I make a whole page of faces or things. I start by designing the faces in Photoshop. Alot of my source material comes from my own artwork. I recycle it. I also paint my own tissue papers. I love their translucency. here is an example....

jolie
06-07-2003, 02:29 PM
beautifully done! i'll have to practice more with my computer so that i can get proficient with my photo manipulation programs. i've just had some ideas for using my nudes as part of a collage, but really don't have a clue how to do it. oh well, i'll figure it out eventually. thanks for the inspiration! by the way, i just started a new nude last night an i am so excited about it! i'll let you know when it's done.

jolie