PDA

View Full Version : 4 of Swords - final

artdude
06-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Finished my 4 of Swords for the Tarot project last night and thought I would give you all a peek here. Original line drawing done with ink and then scanned and colored in Photoshop. A symbolic figure is inside the 4 swords meditating. Tried to keep this fairly simple so I din't take too much away from the swords :D:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2003/3698-4ofswordgif.gif

PS: Cross-posted in the Fantasy forum project thread :D

MonicaB
06-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Very nice, artdude! :D

Jakeally
06-06-2003, 01:23 PM
This is such a striking piece Murray and I think the simplicity is what makes it work for me.
Everything seems to work together....design, colour and excellent drawing. Just fabulous:clap: :clap: :clap:

BTDogMom
06-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Murray - This rocks - very WELL DONE - I really love it :D:clap: :clap:

DSPIT
06-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Nice job Murray, a simple and very clean look.

Bob

artdude
06-06-2003, 07:00 PM
THANK YOU all for your WONDERFUL comments!! :D:)

Dahzl
06-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Hi Artdude :D

Fantastic design! :clap: You have rendered and captured the meaning and the feel of the 4 of Swords wonderfully. [ in fact I would definately buy a pack in this style!]

I didn't realise that the Tarot project was still happening - so you have inspired me to re:visit the Fantasy Forum project thread.

Very Well Done!!

Cheers Dahzl :D

Axl
06-07-2003, 12:02 AM
that's pretty cool!

r4cord
06-07-2003, 01:54 AM
very striking! i'm going to have to learn more about photoshop. it's amazing the things you can come up with.:clap: :clap: :clap:

seejay
06-07-2003, 07:48 AM
Great clean design Murray. This is, well, great!;)

artdude
06-07-2003, 10:36 AM
THANKS Dahzl, Axl, r4cord and Chris :D:)

Dahzl: The project has slowed down to a crawl I think. Not much activity for the Tarot project lately. I am just happy to have both (9 of Wands and 4 of Swords) my cards DONE!!! :D:)

Elankat
06-07-2003, 10:59 AM
That's looks great, Murray! :)

Dahzl, the project has slowed down while everyone finishes up their cards. I've held off on releasing the last project in order to give people some time to finish. Once the weather gets nice, people don't seem to have as much time to devote to something like the tarot project. :)

The last project will be released in about 1.5 weeks.

jjsangel
06-07-2003, 06:14 PM
This is very nice Murray. Nice clean lines.

Dahzl
06-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Hi Murray :D I whizzed back thru your threads and found your 9 of wands - and Wow! Fantastic! You have captured the feel and the message of this card extremely well too! -and your wife also did an excellent job coloring it -
you both make a really great team!:D

Anyway Well Done! :clap:

Hi Elankat :D Thanks for the info - I did have a look in the Fantasy Forum saw the swords project and Wow again -really beautiful work in there. Yep I definately understand and relate to the weather 'thing' We have had a bit winter sunshine here - and I am straight into the garden - planting stuff instead of painting - Ha Ha...:D I will keep a lookout for the next installment of the Tarot project. Really Great idea!!

artdude
06-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Dahzl
Hi Murray :D I whizzed back thru your threads and found your 9 of wands - and Wow! Fantastic! You have captured the feel and the message of this card extremely well too! -and your wife also did an excellent job coloring it -
you both make a really great team!:D

Anyway Well Done! :clap:

THANK YOU Dahzl!! Glad you liked my Wands card :) My wife helps me out quite a bit with the color thing. With the Swords card she let me do all the coloring myself and that can be a scary thing!! Although I think I pulled it off with this one :D:)

Dahzl
06-08-2003, 10:12 AM
THANK YOU Dahzl!! Glad you liked my Wands card My wife helps me out quite a bit with the color thing. With the Swords card she let me do all the coloring myself and that can be a scary thing!! Although I think I pulled it off with this one

Murray you did an absolutely beautiful job with the coloring - Perfect!! :D

I am looking forward to your next one! :D

dolors
06-08-2003, 02:14 PM
I can only repeat what the others had already said Murray, it's great, beautiful. I love it.

mel-ink
06-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Wow, Murray!! Looking GOOD!!! I really like your stylized figure in the middle! Great job!

:clap: :clap: :clap: