PDA

View Full Version : California Dreamin'

fugitive
06-06-2003, 03:27 AM
Did this as a summer challenge in the Jasc group. Painted in PSP 8. This is memories from my HS years in San Diego, surfing, sunning, and girls.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2003/9466-California_Dreamin_wc.jpg

plumpfairy
06-06-2003, 10:22 AM
:D Verry nice Greg! I really like the dotty texture and the summer mood. That 'Coppertone' flying ad is a kool touch.....haven't seen flying ads for a very long time.
jana:D ;) :clap: :clap:

fugitive
06-06-2003, 12:46 PM
Thankyou number one, yes, this was fun, as it takes me back to those lazy days of summer, before we had worries.

captan
06-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by fugitive
Thankyou number one, yes, this was fun, as it takes me back to those lazy days of summer, before we had worries.

"those lazy days of summer" oh yeah... I remember those - I'm still just a kid (22 years old) - but somehow the summers were the best when you were 10-13 years old or so.

the surfboard seems a bit off on the roof of that car. I thoo like the coppertone ad there. It's like you've paiinted an aeroplane without acually painting it, if you get my point. It's like when you paint a shadow of something that is out of bounds of the picture or sumpin'... :)

CarolinaGal
06-06-2003, 01:19 PM
:D - aaahhhhh, pointilism.

You did great with this. It's the one style that totally drove me nuts in my college painting class - and I can't see digital being all that much easier than actual paint and canvas.

Yes it brings back memories - but mine are on the Carolina coast and the Outer Banks.

Georgia :cool:

fugitive
06-06-2003, 01:43 PM
CarolinaGal, yes it is easier, a lot, at least for me it is. I have fewer limitations with digital, but, still can't get faux watercolor to work.
Outer banks, now that's a mystery to us west coast boys, know nothing of it, must have been fun tho. Thanks

Captan, think the board is off, I'll investigate. Ever see the film, Stand by Me, by Rob Reiner, a great tale about boys of that age.

Wolverine
06-07-2003, 03:22 AM
Excellent job. :) Makes me wanna go on vacation right now. Who's with me? :clap: