PDA

View Full Version : Digital Painting

Wolverine
06-06-2003, 03:04 AM
Hi...um...I need some assistance. I started creating digital art late 2001. Since then, I've always wanted to paint, well, on and off the computer. But it never worked out like I hoped it would. Also, I've almost always done Christian art, with black being the usual foundation color. Funny thing is today...I did four digital paintings, neither are about Christ, and the first one has absolutely no black it in at all. And for me, that's a miracle. I shocked myself. Anyway, with that said, I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm just winging it. However, these came out "well enough" that I actually want to show them to people. This is the first of four called "Explore." No pun intended lol. Your suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks.

fugitive
06-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Well, you got a long row to hoe. Try copying someting from the real world, a chair will do, a shoe, it doesn't matter much what one practices on, just so one practices, and practices. This isn't much to look at, to me looks like pastel snake skin.

katcocat
06-07-2003, 02:38 AM
I quite like this, I don't see that it has to look like anything. I like the colours, and the pattern. It's quite relaxing really.

mlambel
06-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi Wolverine,
Good start. Always explore your limits of perception. Don't limit your expression. And most of all, paint because you want to, because you have to, because it is part of you.

If you search outside yourself all you will find are distorted reflections of the beauty you will find inside.

I would like to see you incorperate designs & patterns like you have in this piece into other works. The design/pattern is not the end game.

You have found what I like to call "Poka-Dot Paint". With this technique you can make & save patterns & designs to use as "Paint" to color & decorate parts of more advanced works.

Keep at it. There is nothing more rewarding than sharing in the creation.