PDA

View Full Version : my 5 painting ever im really enjoying my new hobbie

wire
06-05-2003, 11:09 AM
hi, this is my fifth painting ever , and im really enjoying it very much , i am painting from my dreams... this is what i call :

"En busqueda de la inspiracion" ("in search of the inspiration ")
acrylics on canvas 14" x 18"

i want to work on bigger canvas, does this kind of art better on larger canvas or any size will do?

im posting this in the WC/gallery too....

Kalibabe
06-05-2003, 11:15 AM
Personally I'd say do whatever you want to!!!!!

I suppose it all depends on what you want to do with it.

I do my paintings initially for me....

people see them and like them and ask for them and i give them to them.

For me, if i am restricted in any way...
eg, paint this, use this style, i want this size or this colour,.....

I just can't do it. It takes all the enjoyment out of it for me.

As I said, depends on what you want. BUT what i'd say is most important is to do what YOU want to first.....

and blow the rest...

:D

Nice painting btw... i paint from meditations... so can see where you are coming from:D

Adrienne
06-05-2003, 11:28 AM
I like your image too. It has a gentle sweetness about it that I enjoy very much. The sun is radiant without being too bright, and I love the tree's crookedy branches. The simplicity of the face is wonderful and all the colors work together to make a simple and enjoyable image.

I'm with Kali -- make them whatever size they call to be. Here's a thread where one of Wet Canvas's best landscape painters talks about the appeal in the marketplace of small paintings:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98122&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Kalibabe
06-05-2003, 11:33 AM
ooooh, just occurred to me, you might like Surreal's trees....

They remind me of your tree by the absence of leaves...

In my mind, how trees look their best:D

paperpam
06-05-2003, 11:38 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: I love your painting. You should follow your own heart when you paint. Paint for yourself and others will love it. I think it would look great larger.
................................................................keep doing what you are doing......................Paperpam

somerset
06-05-2003, 12:13 PM
I like this a lot. I believe that in our effort to improve we should always seek counsel but in the end it is your vision to portray as seen by you.

Tamana
06-05-2003, 01:50 PM
out under the sky.

I see a starry night. Nice dreams. Yah dreams!! Just think, you have a lifetime of canvassed dreams ahead of you!

Shalom,

Tam :)

Xerielle
06-05-2003, 04:21 PM
How very very cool. What type of paint is this? Is this you dreaming...or an image you saw in one of your dreams? Awesome title too! Welcome to wc!!! :)

wire
06-05-2003, 05:03 PM
thank you all for your kind comments and help. and please forgive my english..it is my third week into painting im a complete outsider and im selfteaching me, so thank you for helping me with all your advice.

Xerielle, what i chosed to paint was the representation of my dreams and thoughts and yes it is myself searching for the inspiration, so i belive that Tamana is right and i have a lifetime of canvassed dreams ahead and yes Tamana it is a starry night but i saw a sun and they are fleeting stars in their road to fertilize my thoughts and inspire my dreams.
Well thats the closer i can get to explain my paint without returning me to sleep.

Xerielle, type of paint ? i really dont know ,maybe someone more knowledgeable about art could answer that. im rediscovering myself and I believe that I have found something in me that was entreating to comeout since 31 years ago and i am glad im able to share it, thanks to all for being here.

Rafael Cruz

Xerielle
06-05-2003, 05:11 PM
I just wondered if it was oil or acrylic. Did it take a long time to dry? Whatever you used, it's wonderful!

wire
06-05-2003, 05:29 PM
ohh...im sorry Xerielle,please forgive my misunderstanding of your question, and yes it is acrylic on canvas and it dried too fast it almost didnt letme express my vision the way i want it i think i will try oil for the future.

amanda
06-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Love the swirls, you're a good painter. This has a slight touch of Van Gogh.

wire
06-06-2003, 10:44 AM
thank you amanda im glad you like it, and thanks to everybody who looked and commented, WC is a great community im glad im here sharing with you all. :p

warter
06-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Provocative and interesting........great design !!

surreal
06-06-2003, 08:01 PM
There is charming.
:D

El_Elegante
06-07-2003, 06:41 AM
what's all that writting across it?

wire
06-07-2003, 06:16 PM
:eek: El_elegante i was trying to put a watermark on the picture i guess it is to dark nd big :) but those are my initials Rcz [Rafael Cruz] i think that for the future i will leave the watermark out :)

btw i saw your webpage and i think your art is amazing i hope that someday ill paint like that, my favorite was "untitle village"

i went in love with that painting its a shame that i cant afford it

thanks for looking

rafa