PDA

View Full Version : Dawn

Gareth
06-05-2003, 11:08 AM
I never thought I'd ever paint a landscape.

Oil on Canvas. 40ins x 40ins

Adrienne
06-05-2003, 11:19 AM
I never thought I'd ever paint a landscape.

Why not? You've painted an unusual and intriguing view of dawn. Mysterious and full of depth.

Kalibabe
06-05-2003, 11:22 AM
This is a painting????

Are you serious???

Looks like am photo!!!!!!!!!:eek: Blimey O'Reilley!! It's amazing!!!!!!:eek:

Wish I had those skills... SIGH...

Having a useless memory and all that, and i apologise if wrong... but.. are you the fella that does the flowers too that are amazingly realistic???

Having asked that, back to the painting of the landscape.

This, I do have to say speaks to my soul. It looks so isolated but, so welcoming and comforting to me.

It is the kind of place I could just sit and BE.

'Tis the kind of place where the rest of the world just bogs off and leaves you alone.....
It's incredibly beautiful and enticing. I just want to climb into the picture and sit in peace!:D

somerset
06-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Could bask in the radiance of that Sun forever.

Gareth
06-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Kali - Thank you very much. Yes, I do flowers too. The paintings aren't so tight in the flesh though. They're pretty big, so the condensing of the image to fit the screen kind of brings it together (it looks as it would from about 20 feet away).

rapolina
06-05-2003, 12:49 PM
wonderful!
why don't you post it in the sun!sun!sun! project?
it'd be great having it!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109166

ciao, rapolina.

Tamana
06-05-2003, 01:38 PM
I like the unexpected of this vs. green hills and flowery meadows. The shadows. Limited palette. Bright vs. typical yellowandormillionothercoloredsunsetsorrises (gasps! yes, I denounced yellow -- but just this once). It's bright. What more is there? Yellow's in there somewhere. All colors are. Yay bright!

Shalom,

Tam :)

Gareth
06-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Thanks Somerset, Rapiolina and Tamana.

Nice spot on the limited palette Tamana. There's only four colours in the whole thing. Prussian Blue, Burnt Umber, Sap Green, Naples Yellow and White.

Tamana
06-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Yah limited palette!

Shalom,

Tam :)

Xerielle
06-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Absolutely stunning. I think it might be a good idea for you to do more things you never thought you would!

CarlyHardy
06-05-2003, 06:20 PM
This thread has been reported to a moderator.

I'm editing this thread for content. Comments made cloaked by spelling but quite literally understood are still against WC! policy.

carly