PDA

View Full Version : sparse bird

marc
06-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Another sparsity, and another favourite colour ;) - comments appreciated..

Adrienne
06-04-2003, 09:46 PM
You really do have a gift for these. In your "sparse woman" some saw birds. In this "sparse bird" I also see a woman.

That maroon color is one of my favs too, and it sets such a deep tone for the feeling of flight. I can hear the beat of the wings...

surreal
06-05-2003, 10:08 AM
The color is beautiful!
I like your flowing, curvilinear lines.

rapolina
06-05-2003, 10:11 AM
your lines are absolutely superb!
please, send more! i'm fashinated:)

ciao, rapolina.

judithj
06-05-2003, 11:14 AM
Nice use of lines Marc.

I see a woman napping...;)

-Judith

somerset
06-05-2003, 12:25 PM
I see the bird and egg but if this was untitled I believe my eye would find the woman first. The sinous nature of the line, you see. I have a fondness for line drawings and this is well done.

Tamana
06-05-2003, 01:43 PM
thank goodness for imaginations! Yah imaginations! Marc this series is very sensual. Have you ever dabbled in Marketing/Advertising? I seem to recall some comment regarding the cover of a woman's deodorant on your other. lol. But, in reality, you really do have a knack for elegant simplicity, which catches a viewers eyes and triggers them to investigate in more depth.

Good series.

Shalom,

Tam :)

Xerielle
06-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Really dig this one. So elegant & fluid. Great work marc. Is this a wacom? Ever thought about painting one of these after you create them in wacom? I'm betting you could get big $$ for them!

marc
06-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Adrienne, Surreal, Rapolina, Judith, Tamana, Xerielle - and the lone boy Somerset (I hope I got the genders right) - whew! ;) Thank you all.

Adrienne - it was thanks to you that I started this series with the golden tree. :)

Somerset and Judith - it's funny, I was going for some female figure at first with my first line (the strong diagonal), but then quickly went elsewhere.. I didn't really want to name it, but bird was what came closest to mind.. could be renamed.

Tamana - I like strong graphic design, but I've never gotten into the business..

Xerielle - I'm hoping maybe when I get better at drawing I'll be able to move as freely as on the computer.. it was done with a wacom, yes - the advantage over using a brush or pen is that you can so easily erase your mistakes (which I make so many of). I'd love to sell them for $$ :D

I'm leaving this abstract/contemporary forum for a while, there's way too much nastiness going on here. I'll be posting in places like drawing&sketching and figure studies instead.

Carrie
09-25-2003, 03:20 AM
Yep, I like the quality of line here a lot better. The "Jenny" drawing with the Steril charcol software had nowhere the character this has. I'm glad you pointed me over here. thanks
Carrie

marc
09-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Thank you Carrie. I'll try to pay more attention to the quality of the line itself.. I was just trying to show the shape in that other one, make the curves play out..

Unbeliever
09-25-2003, 08:55 PM
brighten up a white wall
curvy and volumous

marc
09-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Does that mean 'maybe yes'? ;)

Unbeliever
09-26-2003, 06:27 PM
:) positively