PDA

View Full Version : first bit i ever inked...

RedWolfRising
06-04-2003, 12:14 PM
this is the first piece that i ever even attempted to ink, as i have always been deathly afraid of ruining something acceptable by fiddling about with it.

i used a pilot gel pen on her, and think that even though there are things i am unhappy with, all told, she is acceptable.

since that time, i have managed to pick up a couple dip pens, and am still experimenting with them. now if only i had a scanner... LOL

nix all that bit... attachment didn't work. if anyone should care to kindly delete the entire post, i would be much obliged.

sorry for the false alert.

Jakeally
06-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Don't give up......it is a bit daunting at first:D
Try the uploader. Click on the Uploader button at the top of this page. Then browse your system for the file you want to send. Click 'open' and the click 'Upload'. When the file has uploaded you will be shown the web address for your picture.
Copy that address onto your clipboard and then just paste the address into your message.
Give it a go:D

artdude
06-04-2003, 01:45 PM
I agree with Chris (Jakeally). Please try again and use the "uploader" button instead of the attatchment. I just welcomed you in the New User forum but can also..........

......WELCOME you to the Pen & Ink forum too!!! :D:)

Look forward to seeing some of your ink works :D:D:D

RedWolfRising
06-04-2003, 02:08 PM
okay, let's see if she works for us...
and thank you both ever so kindly for your help.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2003/23025-untitled.JPG[/IMG]

artdude
06-04-2003, 04:24 PM
Nice figure drawing!! Good job with the stippling and I like how you did the folds in the material :D It could use a few more darks in areas just to give it a bit more depth :) Glad you didn't give up on uploading this one :D

:clap: :clap:

Jakeally
06-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Bravo..... you did it:clap:
This is a lovely figure.....I really like the way you defined the muscles.....nice stippling and the pose is fabulous:cat:

slatter
06-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Nice work! I agree with artdude that a little more contrast is needed. Perhaps her hair could be a little darker. That would make her raised arm stand out more.

Jerry

BTDogMom
06-04-2003, 08:41 PM
WOW!! This is magnificent 4 a 1st ink - WOW!:clap: :clap:

carolee
06-04-2003, 10:11 PM
first attempt...you said...............this is good. I like stippling.......do not even begin to know where to start. Have you seen any of "DWRELLS" work? He is excellent with this sort.

RedWolfRising
06-05-2003, 12:06 PM
Thank you all for your constructive criticisms... it means a great deal to me. I am always reluctant to post anything anywhere, but am glad that I took that risk. :)

I set her aside for quite some time, and do believe that I will do a little more work on her some time soon, especially as I have some delightful nibs for fine detailing. (Not to mention that I feel a little more capable now; I just need to avoid overcompensating and detailing into oblivion!! LOL)

Regardless, thank you all ever so kindly for your opinions and words of advice. As soon as I have access to a scanner, I will show you the other odds and ends that I am attempting, if you are at all interested.

Warmly,
Melissa

drwells
06-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Wow Melissa!! This is quite good. I don't see any real problems with it. Now, the artist sounds like she needs a confidence boost. :D Post more when you get an chance and we'll make sure to help you with working on that. ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Danny

seejay
06-07-2003, 07:19 AM
Nice bit, .... :evil: uhm picture.

Oldthumbs
06-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Glad you succeeded - it was worth the effort. :) Really nice in pen. Nicely defined muscling with the stippling. What do you normally work in? Go ahead and post anything else you have done in the appropriate forum. We would love to see it.

Ray

jjsangel
06-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey Welcome. Glad you didn't give up. I had the same problem when I started posting. You have done a great job especially for a first piece!! Nice muscle definition and the folds of the material. If you add some darks like Murray suggested it will be wonderful. Can't wait to see more of your work. Make sure to post everything we would love to see it all..:D

RedWolfRising
06-09-2003, 07:54 AM
Once again, thanks ever so kindly for the delightful input from all of you.

I must admit that I have only recently (say, the last six months or so...) taken up any sort of artistic endeavors other than the occasional incidence of lettering; this having been said, the fact that people who possess a talent that awes me (and each of you that have responded would fit in there. :D) would think that there might perhaps be some merit in what I have done is pleasing. Thank you.

...and yes, understatement is something that I am ever so fond of.

As soon as I can get some things scanned, I will be sure to post them in the applicable forum. There isn't much, but hopefully over time that will change.

Be well
Melissa