PDA

View Full Version : what do you see?

rapolina
06-04-2003, 08:37 AM
yesterday night i painted this one, triying to decide an important thing for me.
my daughter saw something, my partner another one, the 2 things together reflect my feeling... i wonder if you see the same.
thank you if you spend your time in looking and answering,
ciao rapolina.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2003/744-doverdecidere.jpg

inks and watercolors (+lots of water), 30x40cm.

Gollator
06-04-2003, 09:26 AM
I see a large streching figure to the left and an emerging hand in the right part of the picture. The figures in the upper middle could be crabs, so, together with all the blue I would suggest that this is some mermaid's dance room?

Adrienne
06-04-2003, 09:58 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2003/14141-Headspin.gif

I think I see a huge sky filled with a rollercoaster ride of fast-moving storm clouds, dwarfing a mountain range in their confusion and stormy rush.

judithj
06-04-2003, 12:44 PM
I think I'm gonna fail this ink blot test;)

I see a bear in the water pointing up - choppy waves and a sinking ship.

-Judith

Gilberte
06-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Can't put my finger on it ............ !!!!!?????????
;) ;) ;)

surreal
06-04-2003, 07:03 PM
I see a person's full lips, toward the left of the picture plane.

:D

bonn161
06-04-2003, 07:35 PM
I also see the lips.
And heads with wondering faces .Ghostlike faces.
I see sex, but then I'm always seeing sex in art.
B.

diane555
06-04-2003, 07:38 PM
I can see a nude with a perfectly arched back on the left with an outstretched hand on the right. Fascinating :)

Di

inkskin
06-04-2003, 09:20 PM
My first look impression was a sea turtle,with the patterning in the upper right. I have been looking at a lot of sea turtles in the last few days. Then I went and studied it harder and I saw an eye and some ghostly figures.The colors are lovely as well, I like how they mingle.

Heather

jenna_searcher
06-04-2003, 11:10 PM
the icy ghosts
stuck, solid, frozen
on cave walls
or ice slides

a thawing
no cracks
they moan for
freedom
and slowly
drip
drip
into pretty pools
of things they once
wanted

rapolina
06-05-2003, 03:59 AM
thank you everybody for your analysis. i know it's very difficult to answer what i asked for, and i'm was very surprised that the first one centered what i was said at home. and similar to my feeling:

Originally posted by Gollator
I see a large streching figure to the left and an emerging hand in the right part of the picture.

Dianne also saw that:
Originally posted by diane555
I can see a nude with a perfectly arched back on the left with an outstretched hand on the right.

i painted without thinking of shapes, but that's what i felt: me and a hand (with claws, as my daughter said) nearly threatening me. i'm always afraid in front of important decision...

i asked you for what you see to test if it says something of is just color wash and time to waste. Honestly, i have to say that this kind of paintings are the one i like and feel best to do.
thanks again, rapolina.
:)

amanda
06-05-2003, 10:40 AM
fish. I see fish.

Tamana
06-05-2003, 02:12 PM
I see the rain painting a painting. I see the painting smile. Yah rain!

Shalom,

Tam :)

Xerielle
06-05-2003, 02:39 PM
I see beauty. My favorite colors melting into each other becomming...

:) :clap: :)

rapolina
06-06-2003, 04:29 AM
thank for the new answers. it's very interesting reading your interpretations. i love painting this kind of stuff! i'm keeping all together, in order to have a collection of emotions.

welcome back Tam, happy to hear from you again!:)

ciao, rapolina.

Dahzl
06-06-2003, 04:59 AM
I see a figure with a large head and one very large sad eye [ it seems to have the weight of the world in it's expression.]
- an arm stretched up toward the forehead . Another arm protectively around a smaller child-like figure - The two heads are very close to each other.

perhaps this represents the protection of the inner child.

Lovely Rapolina!

Cheers Dahzl :D

Tamana
06-06-2003, 08:25 AM
Hey hey rapolina. Nice to be back though short-lived as it will be. I had two classes postpone because of festivities etc. this week. But everything else is still on the go. The years fixing to lift off!!!

*taking protein pill and putting helmet on!"

Glad to be a part of your evolving.

Dahzl Dahlin - If what Anais Nin says is true about seeing things not as they are but as we are, I have no doubt you are viewing this from the perspective of carrying the weight of worry and fears and tears and the world while protecting a little one. Cuz itsa jes the way you are's all.

Looking forward to hooking up with you! :)

Shalom,

Tam :)