PDA

View Full Version : Dove and some flowers (sorry!)

madmum
06-03-2003, 04:54 PM
OK

My camera is a Fuji FP 4800. It does a pretty good job, but is handicapped by technical idiot :D

I'm learning to play with all the little settings that are hiding in it. On very bright sunny days, when I want to catch something in a darker area, I put EV (?) down to -0.6 or -0.9 and it seems to work! lol That is what I did with my collared dove (I think!)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2003/10535-dovepigeon_on_nest_1_small.jpg

Then I saw this leaf, it's on a Heuchera, as you can see it had been raining! I think the EV was on -0.3.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2003/10535-heuchera_leaf_wet_small.jpg

And one from yesterday, a low view-point of a pelargonium flower. Probably straight settings, no - things lol
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2003/10535-pelargonium_pink_low_perspective_small.jpg

Ruth

haggis63
06-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by madmum
I'm learning to play with all the little settings....

You're obviouly doing something right as these have all turned out very nice. The collared dove would not be the easiest shot with that sunshining through the trees and I love the geranium flowers.

Alan

TeAnne
06-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Very nice Ruth :)

MissMouse
06-03-2003, 08:58 PM
sorry for what? they look great.

wintherstudios
06-04-2003, 12:13 AM
oh theyre some lovely shots! My faurite is the red leave - just wonderful! thanx for sharing :)

bairam
06-04-2003, 01:33 AM
I would be very pleased for having taken that first shot of the Dove. What a sweet bird. It seems as if she thinks you don't see her.
The red leaf is lovely. I particularly like the water drops on it. Perhaps next time you could remove the little dry grass stalk. It's rather distracting. I think you could paint it a color and hue close to the leaf color and it would be fine.

Wonderful composition and DOF in the last one and I love the colors.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

geckonia
06-04-2003, 03:01 AM
Ruth... these are awesome!!! You're doing great with your Fuji!

Maria... you have a good eye! Now that you pointed it out, I agree about the leaf.

I absolutely love the pelargonium!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

madmum
06-04-2003, 03:29 AM
Wow, I'm overwhelmed! lol

Maria, you're right! I need to spend more time tidying before snapping lol

The dove has been sitting on that nest for 2 weeks now, but she usually faces away so I can't see her face. I took several shots with different settings just to make sure I got one good one :D (I'm learning!)

I must admit that the geranium/pelargonium is my favourite too :)

Thanks everyone :D

Ruth

jsr88
06-04-2003, 07:12 AM
Ruth, I'd say you're using those settings very well! I still haven't messed with any of the settings on my CP4500...it's too hard for me to remember *where* they are and how to get back *from* them after I've lost the picture I was trying to get. :D

These are ALL super shots! But my favorite is the pelorgonium. First of all, it's because of the colors...yum! And second, it's the composition. I like the "S" shape of the flower placement.

All in all?

:clap: ~ KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! ~ :clap: