PDA

View Full Version : Girl with Beret

somerset
06-03-2003, 12:55 AM
A rare achievement of simplicity. But now what? All crits welcomed.
Photoshop Elements 2

somerset
06-03-2003, 02:54 AM
well, decided to alter the perspective a bit.

Adrienne
06-03-2003, 05:13 AM
Hmmm, I liked the figure a lot. I think the blurriness can imply so much. But the overall image seemed weaker to me than the figure because I immediately thought of blue-screen shots in the movies where the real backdrop for the person is added in later. I keep wanting to know where she really is.

But, thinking about what I've just said, maybe that is the point, the strength, of the image.

frieda_maye
06-03-2003, 08:15 AM
i am seeing ferns and leaves coming down on it.

somerset
06-03-2003, 09:26 AM
Adrienne...I don't know where this mahogany girl is either, or what to do with her. But I like the simplicity of the image as that is so rare for me. Much of this scene is leftover artifacts of my last nude I think. Nudes always take a long time to flush from my retina it seems.

freda_maye...yeah I see them too. Probably should clean up the background a little.

Thanks to both of you for stopping to comment.

frieda_maye
06-03-2003, 09:31 AM
i liked the idea of ferns and leaves:)

Tamana
06-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by somerset
Adrienne...I don't know where this mahogany girl is either, or what to do with her. But I like the simplicity of the image as that is so rare for me. Much of this scene is leftover artifacts of my last nude I think. Nudes always take a long time to flush from my retina it seems.

Hey Hey Michael!! Good to see you playing!! Hey listen, If she's your focus, why not lose some of the background? It seems vast in comparision to her, almost like there's so much space she's lost in it like a drop in the ocean. She's warm and it seems so cold out there. Why not play around with cropping and focus on her? I think it would definitely provide a greater sense of balance if you did!

How ya been?

Shalom,

Tam :)

somerset
06-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Tamana! Good to hear from you, hope all is well with you. Should try that cropping idea and see what comes of it. Stay well!

Tamana
06-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Always my friend!!! ((((((((((((Michael))))))))))) Shine on carry on!!

Shalom,

Tam :)

somerset
06-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Good solution, thanks Tamana.

somerset
06-03-2003, 06:04 PM
probably the last. neater. loved that blue and hated to sacrifice it, but this shade maybe is better suited.