PDA

View Full Version : Green Tree 3

surreal
06-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Hi~
This was painted in gouache on paper and is 7" x 10".
All comments are welcome.

Adrienne
06-03-2003, 05:09 AM
Surreal, to be honest, I'm not usually drawn to these sort of lime/lemon shades of green/yellow. But I still like this tree and wanted to comment because I thought that your colors and blending were so well done.

The grace of the branches was particularly strong in this tree, and the licks of cinnamon around the base and near the center of the tree melted my heart.

You always find a way to change the emotion each tree conveys through the changing curves... they are like individual miracles the way they express themselves to us so uniquely.

frieda_maye
06-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Hello Green Tree:)

your colors draw my mind to a sense where my eyes slant with a wet chalk. interesting.

the divisions have an effect like a comb to me. or an invisible web. or the pattern of some mineral erosion. Engraved. id like to see your interpreter's interpretation of a wild forest. :)

Xerielle
06-03-2003, 03:31 PM
I am running out of ways to tell you how beautiful & inspiring your work is. :eek:

(but don't worry I won't let that stop me) ;)

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! :)

Tamana
06-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Ooooooooo Nina!! Great to see one of yours right off the bat!! Just passing through. Mission's banquet was last night!! I have two T-shirts now!! I'm so excited! One's yellow!! :D

What a great tree! I see lips! They're smiling. I am too!!! You're evolving from the outside to the inside of them. They are beginning to trust you and open themselves up. I can't wait to see what emerges from the newness of this step! Paint vs. Ink!! Her branches are spread and shuttering under the breath of the wind, but, only slightly. ;)

How ya been?

Shalom,

Tam :)

Healer
06-03-2003, 07:27 PM
this makes me feel kinda sad. it reminds me of my old Weeping Willow tree (although this has more branches, the shape is reminiscent of it) that I had to have knocked down because it was poorly. Nice work though, of course.

Andy

marc
06-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Love these green trees http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2003/21810-inlove.gif

katz
06-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Beautiful tree. The touch of red in the middle top and red at the bottom really looks cool. Each tree that you do is truly unique. I love your style.
Gay

surreal
06-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Hi Adrienne, Frieda, Xerielle, Tam, Marc & Gay,

Thank you all for your kind words.
I am touched.
:D

Hi Andy,
So sorry about your old Weeping Willow tree.
:(
So sad when trees succomb to illness. :(

I hope you have other plants and trees that are nearby.
:)

judithj
06-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Seems to be pulsating with life.

So alive - so blissed out on the pleasure of life, and beauty.

I love greens - Mmmmmmm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

-Judith

Christof
06-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Has the effect of a mandala on me. Eventhough it's not symetrical my eyes are constantly drawn to the middle. Also has rythm which my eyes pick out instantly. I see after the increadible B.S. that happened to you on ebay that you have a water mark...good work!

surreal
06-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Judith & Christof,

Thank you both for your comments.
I appreciate them.

diane555
06-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi Surreal

I love every tree I've ever seen and yours is no exception :D Nicely done.

Di

surreal
06-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Hi Di,
Thanks very much for commenting.

:D