PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Kitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacy_Renee
06-02-2003, 10:14 PM
THIS IS ONE MADDD KITTY!!! I created this in Adobe Illustrator.
Critiques welcome.

:cat:

Stacy_Renee
06-02-2003, 10:17 PM
here's the picture...sorry

BlackTigr
06-03-2003, 01:06 AM
Wow. Neat. This looks like a pissed off Choo Choo Bear from the webcomic Something*Positive.

--BT

katcocat
06-03-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm really impressed by this piece. I love the drama of it, especially combined with the simplicity. I don't have Adobe Illustrator, is it worth investing?

Stacy_Renee
06-03-2003, 11:28 PM
adobe illustrator is UNLIKE any other program i have used before. it is so much simpler than COREL. It lets you have ultimate control and its so easy to control it. Of course I have taken the lessons from the lesson books, and I learned a lot from it. I think you get the lesson book with the program. The program also comes with a lesson cd, it has tutorials and everything.

I actually use a combination of Adobe Illustrator for grapics and Corel Photo-Paint for photos. I can't use Corel Draw at all, its way to hard to understand and so is any other graphic program I've tried. Since I learned Adobe I've stayed with it.

My dad first got me into it (he actually payed me to take the lessons!!!) Why? I have no idea why he thinks I needed them. But I guess I'm better off because of it. Not like I'm going to need it in the future or anything. (I don't necessarily want to be a grapic artist)

but anyway....back on the subject....Adobe is very easy to use...that is if you know it well. Once you get the swing of it you can perform virtually anything very easily. There is lots of toolbars; lots of options at your fingertips. Adobe files are also compatible with COREL if you want to use the programs together.

If you have ever used Pagemill, Pagemaker, or Photoshop you have an idea of what Illustrator is like. Illustrator is probably more like pagemaker. But still far from it. I would say Illustrator is in a class of its own.

I created my entire website from Illustrator. If you would like to see it you can go to www.designsbystacy.com and check out the stuff I used Illustrator for.

I know Pagemill is used for creating websites. What I actually did was just create the backgrounds and the buttons in Illustrator and then I create the actual site structure in Microsoft Frontpage. I made the backgrounds look like they are actual rooms! I really like it. and I did it all in Illustrator.

I would recommend Adobe Illustrator to anyone who is interested in Adobe products. I woud say that it is one of their best. Of course, I use version 7 and I"m sure there are later versions out there!

:cat: stacy

plumpfairy
06-04-2003, 11:04 AM
:D WOOHOO! Meeza likes dis kitty alot! Clean lines and dramatic!
jana:D ;)