PDA

View Full Version : abstract - "Faceless"

kare
06-02-2003, 06:57 AM
This piece I did tonight. Another member on wetcanvas commented on my work a few weeks ago and suggested that I listen to different types of music and see what kind of art i produce from the mood.

I was listening to Creed- the song "One Last Breath".. I feel sad when I listen to this particular song and I want you to tell me what you feel when you view it.

"Faceless" acrylic on canvas board, 70x40cm, 02.06.03
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2003/18486-abstract_face1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2003/18486-abstract_face2.jpg

kare
06-02-2003, 03:45 PM
I should add that I'm a newbie to abstract... this is my second painting in this field. I've still alot to learn about acrylics also as I'm new to it too :rolleyes: lol.

Have you ever felt lost or like you're in despair? This is what I felt when painting this piece..

diane555
06-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Wow Ciarrai...good work for your first abstract! IT conveys well the emotions that you were trying to evoke. I don't think there is any specific format or style one must achieve to create abstract art...just do what you like and enjoy and have some fun with it:) Hope to see more abstracts from you soon.

Di

kare
06-02-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks Di!
I always dream of what my first exhibition will be like.....hmm LOL
That's what I would love to do with my art though.. I really would love to get that good, so I could exhibit my works- a really big dream of mine...

That's one of the many positives about enrolling in a painting course at the Brisbane Institute of Art.. At the end of it, everyone gets to showcase their works in an exhibition :)

darkangel
06-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Coool.. I love the texture and the brush strokes of it.

I'd proudly hang that on my wall :D

kare
06-02-2003, 08:32 PM
I'm thinking about getting this one framed! :) thanks for looking here DA!

kare
06-02-2003, 11:08 PM
Diane;
do you use acrylics at all? if so, what brand do you suggest i use? at the moment i've got student brand- Reeves, though it seems to work fine. Just wondering if there is much difference between student brand and artist quality..?

Christof
06-03-2003, 12:51 AM
C~
Nice work, I wonder why it's called Faceless?
The (your?)face conveys emotion in this painting. Imagine if you see someone from a distance who you do not know anything about. You study their body movements, the way they tilt their head, the very subtle facial movements; you can start to share emotionwith this person. Even things as insignificant as how their feet are in relation to their body can add verse to this experience. Your painting does a nice job at this.

somerset
06-03-2003, 01:02 AM
I don't see 'Faceless' either. I do see nice work. Faceless would mean a void or lack of identity for me and perhaps it is your color choice but I see a strong identity here. This woman is of the earth and I can tell you, a woman of this type is great to have beside you.

kare
06-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Christof;
I named this piece 'faceless' because although there is a face and the emotion is visible, the person is in need of help. when you are looking quite upset, catching public transport or waiting at the bus station.. few people ask you what is wrong.
that's why i chose to call this piece 'faceless'.. although there is a visible expression here, this piece represents all of those people we have seen in our lives, who needed our help.. and we chose to not ask them. you forget what those people look like because it doesn't matter to you. they don't matter to you.

am i making sense? lol sometimes i have a bit of trouble actually putting my explanations in proper order.

i want to thank you for your lovely comments on this painting. for me, personally i cannot believe i did this- i look at it and it feels like someone else painted the piece.. i'm not sure if that is a good thing or not- but i suprised myself with my ability, i think.
-----
Somerset;
Thankyou for your comments also. Someone else has said that the piece looks quite jungle-like with the greens and colours off to the left. Thankyou- again.

Ciarrai.

Tamana
06-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Hey hey!! Difficult to tell from the shot n'all. Looks like a lot of contrasts overall: brush, colors, texture. I like the chaotic mood around the brightness of eyes, lips, and halo of hair there. Like I said, difficult to tell with the shot regarding balance n'all. :)

Shalom,

Tam :)

kare
06-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Tam;

Thanks for your feedback :) I'm about to start another abstract on a huge canvas that my Da helped me make a few months ago.. the canvas is not the best to work on as the material is quite lose.. i put a coat of white paint on it a few days ago and i noticed this morning that the canvas has tightened a little.. so i'll attempt a painting and see how it goes.

thanks!!

kare
06-05-2003, 03:59 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2003/18486-faceless.jpg