PDA

View Full Version : My Happy Style : )

prtpix
06-02-2003, 12:30 AM
I love doing these BRIGHT colored abstract paintings. They just give me such a happy feeling when I look at them. I sold one a few weeks ago to a doctors office and it was hard to pack that one uo. I didn't want to see it go.
Glad I have pictures of it.
Anyway, Here is the one I did last week.
It's 24" x 20" on stretched gallery wrapped canvas.

astronautf
06-02-2003, 01:47 AM
i love this painting
lots of happy colour
this would go down well in doctors office
a painting a day keeps the (something away )
astronautf

marc
06-02-2003, 06:11 PM
The more I look at this the more I see a bunch of letters, but I just. can't. make. out. which. ones. Grrrr! :D

CarlyHardy
06-02-2003, 07:24 PM
I can see a series of these in a pediatrition's office...the bright colors and abstract alphabetical shapes are so interesting! Wouldn't you love to do something like this for a psychologist! so the patient's could use them to find hidden words or feelings.

Lots of fun...and great compositional design.
carly

prtpix
06-02-2003, 09:02 PM
At this very moment, I am working on one with different shades of blue.
Thing is. They never look that great until I go around every shape with black.

Stacy_Renee
06-02-2003, 09:04 PM
this would cheer me up if i saw it in a doctor's office. usually i hate going to doctors and it puts me in a bad mood. the whole atmosphere of the place is just revolting. thanks for making such a happy painting.

:cat:

amanda
06-02-2003, 10:09 PM
I really like this style, it's certainly happy! I love the colour choices too, sort of stained glass window type colours.

prtpix
06-02-2003, 10:52 PM
Here is the blue one before the outlines.
I am tuckered out for the night.
So, You will have to wait until tommorrow to see it with the black outlines.
I might deside to change some of the really light, light blue to a periwinkle. Kind of a light blue mixed with a tiny, tiny bit of red.
I just don't see enough contrast in the lighter blues.
I don't care much for the darkest blue either. But, It might look OK once I get the outlines in.
This is the same type of painting. Just not the real happy colors.
Thanks for looking and for the wonderful comments.

surreal
06-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Bright, bold and vibrant design - the 1st piece.
Lovely design - the 2nd piece.
:)

Tamana
06-03-2003, 05:09 PM
I agree with the green cow!! Dr. Seuss can't be wrong about green!! Anywhere there are children, waiting areas, art classes, school hallways, closets, basements, wherever. :) The contrast between the brightness of the first and quiet of the second could be used to illustrate "moo"dage (pun intended?). :)

Shalom,

Tam :)

prtpix
06-03-2003, 09:09 PM
I almost feel like I am ruining the happy moo--ed of this thread with the my new creation, I guess you could call this the
moo--edy cousin of the happy painting I started the thread with. I like it. but, I like the multi hue one much better. I tryed the periwinkle. But, I desided to stay with all blue.