PDA

View Full Version : Stressed out and exhausted.

Mo.
06-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Please, please all my pastel buddies read my post in the Cafe http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110876

If you can help in way at all I will be eternally grateful.

cheers,
Mo.

Mo.
06-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Thankyou Dawn my dear friend for your support ~ you little gem ... guess I better go to bed now, have to get the early worm so to speak.

thoroughly distressed,
Mo.

butterfly
06-02-2003, 01:06 AM
Mo:

How wonderful you are ... wish there wasn't an ocean between us and I could hop over and give some relief to you with the feedings. Coincidently, I went with my daughter to the Wild Life Rescue and Care center down here in Ft Lauderdale, Florida yesterday. I saw first hand how they care for the abandoned and injured wild life here in Florida. (Her guinea pig passed on Friday and she went to adopt another one) Although they are for the Wild Life of the area, people in the night drop of domestic animals in the cages they have out front for overnight rescue.

Good will come back to you MO !!! You lead with your heart. Keep us posted.

Butterfly/Roni

Redsy333
06-02-2003, 05:58 AM
Good luck my friend you are working against Mother nature and thats a hard battle in itself!
I would contact all your local wildlife rehabs and or associations, but chances are your lil mates wont be of concern to them. You are dealing with a common bird, so many people do not turn head to help.
I would definitely take them to a zoo or bird sanctuary of sorts, theres bound to be someone of gentle heart to aid you in your endeavor.
Good luck hun,
I will keep looking and hoping for you!!

meowmeow
06-02-2003, 07:50 AM
I posted over there, Mo...but wanted to give you another big hug!

Sandy

Mo.
06-02-2003, 08:50 AM
Your replies are making me cry, you are all so caring, the mother bird died in the night, one of the babies was very, very poorly, but the other two quite healthy, we managed between us to perk up the sickly one, and isolated it from the other two, after much telephoning and praying we eventually found an angel, a lady named Vicky from the Fauna Wildlife rehab centre, Our local RSPCA were of no help whatsoever, Alan (Louithecat) gave me a contact too, and we almost took them there, but thankfully found this one much nearer to home. These places are very few and far between in this country, one I contacted served over 5 counties would you believe and was about 200 miles away

The three little babies are now having expert care, have been placed into heated cages and will eventually be rehabbed ~ your support and prayers have worked my friends.

Good luck my friend you are working against Mother nature and thats a hard battle in itself!
I would contact all your local wildlife rehabs and or associations, but chances are your lil mates wont be of concern to them. You are dealing with a common bird, so many people do not turn head to help.
I would definitely take them to a zoo or bird sanctuary of sorts, theres bound to be someone of gentle heart to aid you in your endeavor.
Good luck hun,
I will keep looking and hoping for you!!

Redsy how right you are in what you said about them not caring, I found this nearly everywhere I went certainly from the vets... I was becoming so desperate that I even considered taken them to nearest vet and asking him to dispatch them, as there would be no way I could rehab them myself.

But through pure stubborness and determination we kept going, we wanted to do the best, after all the parents died in protecting them and we couldn't ignore that

So some success at last, so sad about the mother, but her injuries were very bad, no way would she have been able to look after her little ones, and we don't know what internal injuries she may have had either. Hopefully the parents have not given up their lives for their babies in vain, that they will grow to be strong and healthy blackbirds

I'm exhausted now, so think I'll sleep at last.

Many, many thanks to you all,

Mo.

angeline
06-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Oh Mo Bless you what a thing to do!
I'm so glad it has all worked out for the babies. wd done to you for all your hard work :clap:
Hope you get a good sleep now.

Drumbeat-trish
06-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Oh Mo - good on you for taking the time to care and to find the help those little babies really needed. You deserve a medal and a rest. So nice to hear that the tale has a happy ending :)

jackiesimmonds
06-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Mo, you are a rare and real treasure. A gift to the world. There should be more like you around...if there were, there would be more love and less hate.

Just back from Jerusalem, so I feel this deeply.

Jackie

nancymae
06-02-2003, 03:29 PM
I'm glad you found someone to help. It is hard. I see the hardships of nature here too. Sometimes it is good to see the little guy win!! Last night I saw a mother woodpecker sucessfully stand up to a HUGE crow...over her little ones. The crow went away flying...trying to get rid of the woodpecker...pecking him on the head!!

Also, squirrels have been known to raid the blue bird nest in our backyard. We just put the dog on a longer lease, so that keeps the squirrels away...and the bluebirds are very happy. Looking forward to seeing those babies.

Every animal has to eat, however, the most cruel animals are, most of the time, of the human persuasion.

I hope those little babies make it!!!

Bless your caring spirit.....the love travels....and touches!!

Thank you for telling us this story.

Nancy

Mo.
06-02-2003, 07:58 PM
There has been such an outpouring of concern/advice over these babies, I feel that each and everyone of you would have done the same as I, as each and everyone of you have big loving hearts too ~ I was not alone, my hubby was there too, couldn't have coped on my own I know that.

You are the lovliest people I have met, I could feel your warmth and concern and that meant so very much to me, and I'm not going to apologise for getting mushy either :D

A little update ~ the babies are now known as 3127,3128 and 3129. 3127 is the weakest, he is in an incubator and still being forced fed although he is swallowing and not spitting it out. 3128 and 3129 are in a hotcage/aviary where the temp is kept constant at 75 degres, they are both feeding well and perching ~ they are concerned about 3127 and hope he will take food voluntarily soon so they can re-untite him with his brothers as he is distressed and making distress calls ~ fingers crossed and a little prayer for them all now.

A ((hug)) from me to you all,

thankyou,
Mo.