PDA

View Full Version : Mad Scientist

NeilUnreal
06-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi-

(I'm repeating this paragraph on every thread for clarity.) Although I haven't done a lot of purely digital art recently, techie asked me to upload a few examples that I did using a graphics tablet.

This is a "Mad Scientist", done last winter for my niece. She's a big fan of Harry Potter, potions and spells, fantasy books, etc., and is also interested in science. I thought she'd appreciate the conjunction of the two themes.

Done entirely in painter. The grinning full moon, gleefully looking on, was a late addition. And it's tough to see at this resolution, but the spider has a red hourglass on it's abdomen.

-Neil

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2003/21528-MadScientist6.JPG

plumpfairy
06-02-2003, 11:11 AM
:D Fun idea! Wish it wasn't so dark though....hard to see on my monitor.....love that moon!
jana:D ;)

NeilUnreal
06-02-2003, 02:09 PM
Hi-

Thanks Jana, the picture was originally meant to be viewed in a darkened room, I guess I should brighten it up for general use.

The imagined scenario is that this is the artwork for a book cover. The imaginary story would be a cautionary tale for young adolescents in which a young "mad scientist" drinks his own Jekyll and Hyde brew with dire consequences! (Followed by a happy ending where he learns his lesson.)

Specifically, the picture is the scene where he's trying to get the nerve to down the brew.

-Neil