PDA

View Full Version : frilly socks

Rodman
06-01-2003, 12:41 PM
here's a pen & ink....size is about 20" X 30". thnaks for looking. Rod-Man

MonicaB
06-01-2003, 02:31 PM
Wow, that's huge! Ok, so it's not as cute as the mule. :D But I still like it.

I know it must be hard to scan, but any chance for a detail?

:D

jjsangel
06-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Hey Rod-man. This is really cool. Large size.. I've never done anything that big. Love the old shoes and the frilly socks... and the arrangement of the feet. Seems to have a 50's feel to me..

artdude
06-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Yup, that's a BIG drawing!! :) Would like to see a close up too if you can. It would be nice to see the "frilly" around those socks. Can't really tell what those small round balls are? :D:)

BTDogMom
06-01-2003, 09:11 PM
This is SO 80's and SOOOO GOOD!!! I love it!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
06-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Wow....that is a biggy..... I'd be too scared to try one that big:eek:
Really nice picture..... I seem to recall seeing another frilly socks picture....was that one yours too??

MarciaJane
06-02-2003, 02:29 PM
These are similar to the socks I wear!!!!!! LOL Jk!!

Another good one! - love the detail you have got in this!!

Marcia

Elankat
06-03-2003, 11:37 AM
From what I can see, this looks very interesting. I wish you had a better image of it and a detail shot. I like the composition and subject, but the value range seems on the light side. Perhaps that's just the image.

sassybird
06-03-2003, 02:18 PM
I remember this style. Does that show my age? lol Pretty darn cool:D I like the composition, and you did a good bit of work on this from what I see.

Dave.t
06-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Looks great..would love to see detail too:)

Rodman
06-03-2003, 07:48 PM
thanks for all the nice replys...
I'll try to replace that pic with a better one...this one is really awful. I'll take it out from under the glass and shoot it again...i'll also try to get a good detail..the way that this pic came about was.....I had 2 topless dancers call me wondering if i would be interested in doing portraits of them. I went to meet them where they worked.(it's a nasty job but someone had to do it) They didn't want to spend the money it would take for me to do what they wanted so the portraits were off. but, one of the gals had on these shoes. I ended up hiring her to pose for me in these shoes and a couple others. I eneded up doing 3 different drawings from the photo shot.
to artdude:the little balls are only to draw attention and help explain the surface that the shoes are on...that's all.
to jakeally: no, this is my only "frilly socks" drawing...LOL
to Marciajane.If you wear those kinds of socks ..nmaybe you need to pose for me also????
TO EVERYONE...thnaks for looking....Rod-Man