PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Brands

meowmeow
06-01-2003, 09:24 AM
I notice a number of people have been asking about different pastel brands lately...I suppose we are all always asking about more and more pastels! :D
Anyhow, I was just going through and cleaning up my huge list of Favorites and came across this site:

http://www.users.voicenet.com/~howardb/pastel_brand_websites.html

I don't remember how I found it or anything. It doesn't cover all brands but I thought it might be helpful for some people.

Have fun!

Too many pastels...too little time......

:D

Sandy

pastelist
06-01-2003, 11:11 PM
:clap:

Thanks for your colorful information.

I loved the website you provided!

butterfly
06-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Meowmeow:

Thank you that was very helpful, I bookmarked it on my computer!

Roni

artbabe21
06-02-2003, 11:04 AM
this is VERY helpful when you're new to this medium..:rolleyes:

nancymae
06-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Dakota Pastels www.dakotapastels.com has a list of most of the pastel brands and their hardness/softness. Also...you can watch people as they are posting, the brands they use...most will tell you. When I started, I started with the cheaper brands...like Nupastels (also harder) and added medium, and soft pastels to my ever growing collection.

Hope this also helps!!

Nancy

pastelist
06-02-2003, 09:39 PM

My favorite brand of pastels are Rembrandt soft pastels. I did not like Grumbacher at all, hey were too hard. I use Ersta sanded paper as well. I tried Canson paper but was not crazy about the result.

artbabe21
06-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by pastelist
. I use Ersta sanded paper as well. I tried Canson paper but was not crazy about the result.

I am trying to imagine "sanded paper"...have NOT see any, so I conjure up a really pitted paper, is it so popular & expensive because it holds so much pastel? I've used a Canson thin paper I had that held a lot of pastel & Mi-Tientes only...what's the deal?