PDA

View Full Version : Estranged

DanaT
05-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Hi all! I've been hanging around here looking at your art. Here is the first abstract piece I've done. Before I've done primarily realistic work.

I posted this in the Emotions project too. My realistic pieces have always had strong abstract elements so I think doing abstracts is a natural progression. I like working with the human figure and a few colors.

I really don't know what kind of feedback to ask for so anything you care to share will be welcome. Just don't be disappointed if I can't use your feedback yet. Abstracts are virgin territory to me and I'm going slow in this new subject matter. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-May-2003/6512-FirstAbstract.jpg

small_chameleon
05-30-2003, 07:55 PM
some inclusion of greens (dark greyed greens) rather than purple would enhance the effect of the reds

marc
05-31-2003, 09:53 PM
I like this composition. I don't know, but I feel it's not finished.. there's really some stuff going on around her face with the bluish colours and I feel it could be taken further.. also maybe more texture to the firey red, I would like to see more depth to it to understand what it is and what hides in it.. It could also help me understand the relationship between the two faces. I like the picture as is, but think it could be even better :)

DanaT
05-31-2003, 11:17 PM
thx, chameleon and marc.

marc you're right. I thought it was unfinished too but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a try.

diane555
06-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Hi Dana

I like this a lot. Conveys well the emotions intended I think. :clap: Hope to see more from you in here :)

Di

arourapope
06-01-2003, 12:02 AM
the reds are nice. I'd like to see it pushed a little bit further too, I think, but I like what's going on.

DanaT
06-01-2003, 10:56 AM
thanks diane, aurora!

Yes, I am going to push it further thanks to y'alls feedback!