PDA

View Full Version : Digital stuff

fugitive
05-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Just some serious playing in Paint Sho Pro 8, a fantastic graphics program, that can transport you to .............................

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-May-2003/9466-abstract_ps_4b_wc.jpg

arcanna
05-30-2003, 05:58 PM
this is a lot of fun to look at. It reminds me of in grade school when we would toss colored tissue paper bits onto wet papers and let the colors bleed onto the page.

Like candy.

eat yer art :D

small_chameleon
05-30-2003, 07:41 PM
I don't like to be removed too many steps from touch...

surreal
05-30-2003, 10:04 PM
It's a lovely image.

fugitive
05-30-2003, 10:20 PM
Thank you arcanna and surreal. Small, I don't know what you said.

hobbit
06-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Hi I'm a fibre artist but very interested in digital art and have been messing around with Photoshop and Illustrator at University. I think your image is very appealing. I like the use of colour and the great feeling of texture you have achieved. I would love to build up layers of colour and design just as you have done to print fabric.
I think what Small's comment meant was that he or she wants to be able to reach out and touch their art to hold the paint brush, feel the paper and paint, and not manipulate their art on a computer. For myself I find it fascinating and love the results you can achieve.

fugitive
06-01-2003, 01:35 AM
Fiber artist, never heard that term. I like to touch too, but this is better for me now. I've done hands on acrylics, watercolor, and more, but this takes less room, and the setup is so quick. One could spend a whole lotta time making printing blocks or how ever they do cloth now, this was just a matter of knowing the software, and having a small idea. Thanks.

hobbit
06-01-2003, 02:05 AM
just visited your web page gallery. You certainly have done some great work. As well as the abstract stuff, I'm inspired to try to produce something along the lines of city scape ll. Did you use Photoshop?

fugitive
06-01-2003, 02:24 AM
Glad you liked it. Don't remember which one II is, the bus? No PS, all PSP and Painter. Photoshop has kept itself too complex, and I don't yet need it's special cmyk stuff. I can do anything in PSP, except some brush work, which Painter does better than any program.