PDA

View Full Version : Art Journals Challenge - May 2012

DrDebby
05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Sorry for the delay. Had to take care of a mom-ligation (obligation to mom :rolleyes:) today. So this is getting posted late on May 1.

This month, being the month of May, I'm going to be cliche. :wink2::lol: The challenge is to fill a sketchbook of flowers. I know not everyone is into flowers. But they are blooming now in the northern hemisphere in great profusion. (Achoo! :o) They are colorful, they are abundant, they are relatively still. Do them from life if you can. If not, there are always photos. And for those you do art journals, not sketches, there are a plethora of possibilities in collage and such to make flowers or use flowers. How about pressing real flowers in your journal. Most of all, have fun.

robertsloan2
05-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Sounds fun! I've done a couple.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2012/70184-5-7-2012-Orchid-Spray.jpg

Orchid from life, same plant as the photo I took for the Weekly Inspiration Thread.

I also did the Bird of Paradise flower from the Plant Parade, but can't post that till the reveal date - unless it's ok to post here and then repost on the 25th for Plant Parade. You can see it on Rob's Art Lessons though, I used it for a watercolor demo.

john smith0341
05-28-2012, 07:06 AM
This is simple drawing and it will take no long time to be done but looking nice.