PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Pain?

belegwen
05-30-2003, 12:32 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-May-2003/21351-painful_twist.jpg

Oil on 11x14 canvas board. This is a patch of scans. I can't quite name this piece. I have played with Twisted Pain or Confused Tears.

I am not an abstract type of person but I seem to feel compelled to paint them when I am upset. I don't want to change anything about this but I am kind of interested what people see in it.

Belegwen

Blacknight
05-30-2003, 01:23 PM
I see more of tears in it, so I'm thinking that tears should be in the name somewhere. Twisted tears. Blue tears. Today's teardrops. Something like that. looks like you intended it to look, I think - representational of the time it was created and how you are feeling.

Ali the Cat
05-30-2003, 01:54 PM
it's very moving, i see life, growth, and a loss or a longing, i see incredible sadness and the eyes are slightly fearful or overwhelmed by the amount of emotion.

it's very beautiful.

Ali the Cat

jolie
05-30-2003, 05:13 PM
i agree, it's a very moving piece. i see disbelief and a sense of defeat. if you don't mind, i'd like to suggest a few different title options...something slightly simpler that lets the viewer imagine what you meant, rather than telling them. i think my first choice would be "broken", but i also like "affliction", or "disenchanted". i like those titles because they could be interpreted in many different ways and the viewer might be able to relate to the feelings of the paintings through their own experiences. does that make sense? i could be way off the mark, but those are the things i feel when viewing this painting.

jolie

belegwen
05-30-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by jolie
i agree, it's a very moving piece. i see disbelief and a sense of defeat. if you don't mind, i'd like to suggest a few different title options...something slightly simpler that lets the viewer imagine what you meant, rather than telling them. i think my first choice would be "broken", but i also like "affliction", or "disenchanted". i like those titles because they could be interpreted in many different ways and the viewer might be able to relate to the feelings of the paintings through their own experiences. does that make sense? i could be way off the mark, but those are the things i feel when viewing this painting.

jolie

I like your idea of the title AFFLICTION as it would fit my circumstances as well as allow others to see themselves in it.
Thanks
Belegwen