PDA

View Full Version : lunch sketch..

kare
05-29-2003, 04:10 PM
I did this sketch yesterday in my lunch hour.. of the view i have outside a tiny window near my desk.. sketch took around 15-20 minutes.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2003/18486-ink_office_view.jpg

Bill J
05-29-2003, 04:15 PM
nice kerrie would make a nice wc

bill

kare
05-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Thankyou Bill :)

i'm not too good at watercolour, i'm afraid.. i tend to create muddy colours and i'm horrible at the techniques! lol..

though i enjoy sketching :D
thankyou for posting here!!

Jakeally
05-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Good job Ciarrai....lots of detail and a difficult subject. Very well done:clap: :clap:

Oldthumbs
05-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Oh no, Danny and you! Looks pretty good for a quicky, though it is a little dark to see. One of the things that has always fascinated me is the fact that one is seeing something through the eyes of the person who drew it, who was right there and saw it. When I look at my grandmother's and mother's paintings, I feel connected to them in a way that is unique.

Ray

rapolina
05-30-2003, 11:54 AM
nice drawing and nice window sight!
ciao, rapolina.

kare
05-30-2003, 04:53 PM
thanks for the encouragement and support!!
the small mountains in the background, with the television towers- it is the best known mountain in thewhole of Brisbane.. the mountain is called "Mt. Coot-tha" and you can see it from almost any highpoint around our area.

LOL danny has some great lunch sketches Ray.. i couldn't top his drawings if i tried.. just trying to get my eyes focused on what i see onto the paper.

magnuscanis
05-31-2003, 10:10 AM
Great sketch. It looks like you have a nice view from your office too.

I live in a beautiful area, surrounded by mountains on one side and the sea on the other. Unfortunately from my office, all I can see is a car park, a bunch of houses and a shopping centre which is generally recognised as one of the ugliest in Britain (apparently several urban planning degree courses have used it as an example of how not to build a shopping centre :)). I quite like sketching people wandering round the carpark but they never stay still for very long.

jjsangel
05-31-2003, 03:52 PM
Nice lunch sketch Ciarrai. All you people sketching at lunch. How cool is that.