PDA

View Full Version : Seahorse

ConsulRomanus
05-29-2003, 11:35 AM
This is a seahorse I did a while ago and gave to a friend, I'm thinking of modifying it slightly and having it tattooed to my back. Any comments? Oh, and thanks for all the positive feedback in my other posts, I really appreciate it. :)

Gutshot
05-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Looks good, I really like it. I think if I was going to get it as a tatoo though, I'd thicken up the lighter lines some.

Blueyog
05-29-2003, 12:06 PM
I really love it. It has a little tribal touch in it, it's really great ! Well done ! ;)

drwells
05-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Nice! I agree would make that fine line a little more bold. I love tats...quit talking about them. I'm not "allowed" to have anymore.

:D

Danny

Jakeally
05-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Lovely, lovely seahorse Consul.... I love the way you do all these animals.
As far as tatoos are concerned.....yucky yucky yuck....It hurts to put them on.....you can not wash them off...... what will they look like when you get old and wrinkled:D :D ....and yes I am a complete whimp:cat:

Oldthumbs
05-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Very nice, clean lines - well done. Yeah, it would make a great tat, but I'm with Chris - not my personal thing. Once heard a person talking about tatoos say, "The young woman who gets a beautiful butterfly tatooed on her breast doesn't realize that it will look like a dead bat hanging on her chest in not too many years." :)

ConsulRomanus
05-31-2003, 11:04 AM
I'm more drawn to the one of the right, but I think I'll need to fill in its tail a bit; this is the size I want and I will probably have it placed on my back, just below my neck and above my other tattoo. fun fun!:D

jjsangel
05-31-2003, 03:43 PM
I think the one on the right will make a better tatoo. I'm not big on tatoos, but my daughter in law has 7 and my son has one and my ex daughter in law has 3 or 4 so whatever you like is what you should do. Neat drawing of a seahorse by the way.

MonicaB
05-31-2003, 04:24 PM
I like the one on the right, too, for a tat. I agree about the tail, too. Maybe you can repeat some of the pattern from the middle? It doesn't need much. Just a bit. :D

Jakeally
05-31-2003, 04:29 PM
Nooooo.....definately the one on the left....more colour....more pain:evil: :evil: :evil: :D

kare
05-31-2003, 07:30 PM
Hi Consul.
i like tattoo art- i think it would make a really great design for one too! i agree, the one on the right sticks out alot more.. if you bring the design of its belly down a few more centimeters.. it will be complete, i think.

let us know how it goes! :D

drwells
06-03-2003, 07:13 PM
I like the one on the right....I would add some type of texture to the white belly/tail part. Hmmm some kind of design. I dunno..celtic knot or something. I think that would look kewl.

Hmmm, I've thought about what mine may look like when i get old....The tree....should still look like a tree but maybe a weeping willow...The flamin eyeball.......gawd, an egg yolk....or a psychodelic album cover. ;)

Danny

gawd....i'm itching for another SO BAD...

Gutshot
06-03-2003, 07:37 PM
I like the one on the right too. As for the body region, maybe not texture but color... a nice cross fade could add the extra little something. Just a thought. Does look great.

carolee
06-04-2003, 10:28 PM
I agree the one on thr right...............less coloring...less pain...(smile) I think it would make a great tattoo.
As for tattoos....and age....................I will be 49 this year......went down a few weeks ago and got a small flower on my ankle. fIRST ONE EVER.......they yelled........."theres a virgin in the house"...everyone laughed. My family flipped ...and I had a good time. When I am 60... I WON'T CARE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE...GRIN!!!!!!

MonicaB
06-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by carolee
When I am 60... I WON'T CARE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE...GRIN!!!!!!
I like your attitude, Carolee! :D :D :D

carolee
06-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Thanks..........only kind to have when you reach this age.
My younger children..17 & 19 thought it was "cool".
The 29 year old was alittle disgusted.....the other two......ok whatever trips my trigger.
Husband , just shook his head........and my parents.................well they don't know.......didn't want them to have a heart attack.haha