PDA

View Full Version : ghosts

rapolina
05-29-2003, 08:38 AM
i did this one in last days, in watercolors. it is an unpredictable technique, but as soon as i looked at it once finished i said: "they are ghosts!"

C&C welcome.
40x40cm

ciao, rapolina.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2003/744-fantasmi.jpg

CarlyHardy
05-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Did you use masking fluid in creating the layers? You said its unpredictable, but it looks like you had an overall pattern in mind with the similarity of shapes. To me it looks like a dandelion being blown away by the wind.
carly

rapolina
05-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by CHClements
Did you use masking fluid in creating the layers? You said its unpredictable, but it looks like you had an overall pattern in mind with the similarity of shapes. carly

thank you Carly!
you're right: i used more layer of masking fluid and watercolors. I said unpredicable as i had nothin in mind, but playing. i designed nothing, but i used my style strokes, and tried to balance the darks and the lights... i wish i could design :( , being able to see my result before!

ciao, rapolina.

surreal
05-30-2003, 12:35 AM
This is alive with color and movement!
It is very intriguing.
:)

Adrienne
05-30-2003, 02:10 AM
Rapolina says, "i wish i could design, being able to see my result before!"

I think you have a great gift Rapolina. You allow the painting to express itself. Perhaps that is why your paintings are always so fresh, so emotional, so vibrant... because it is a shared experience between you and the painting, instead of a forced experience.