PDA

View Full Version : spear point

Gutshot
05-29-2003, 12:47 AM
So I was doodling the other day in my sketch book at work. Anyway this is what I came up with. What do you think?

r4cord
05-29-2003, 03:25 AM
i don't know what it is but i'its interesting- maybe the tail of a witches broom. looks cool :cool: thanks for your comments on crossbow-that style is what i'm focusing on now-i have many more.

Jakeally
05-29-2003, 05:04 AM
Well.... I definately wouldn't like it thrown at me:D
Nice doodle.....some good pen strokes for the texture of the metal and good shading on the strap. You might like to try a little cross hatching on the handle to make it look more rounded:cat:

Gutshot
05-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Sorry, guess I should have given a little more of an explanation. Its supposed to be an obsidian spear point. For those that aren't familiar, obsidian breaks in very regular patterns. This of course has made it valuable to many a culture for tool making. I just like the way it looks and was trying to capture some of that here.

r4cord
05-29-2003, 09:56 PM
i didn't even look at the title when i said that-duh:o but i still never heard of that,but now i know what it looks like-it's cool looking anyway! i can still vision a witch riding that spearhead!:D

jjsangel
05-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Good job Gutshot. I know what you are talking about. Like an old indian arrowhead. They have all these little chipped out looking sections. Good job on the wrapping.

Oldthumbs
05-30-2003, 12:05 PM
Looks pretty good. I agree with Chris about a little more shading on the shaft, but as a "doodle" it works fine.