PDA

View Full Version : my best friend elizabeth

ann4jc
05-28-2003, 05:30 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-28-2003/22530_My-best-friend-Elizabeth.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: my best friend elizabeth
Year Created: 2000
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 12x14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
this is the first painting of a portrait i did and have done ,when i first picked a brush and pastel up it is a mixture of both.
Critique a way good and bad.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
everything you artists think is relevant

jerryW
05-28-2003, 08:58 PM
lots of movement where it is less defined.
breaking up the defined areas with related but different colors will unlock even more movement.

ann4jc
05-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Dear Jerry w .

Thanks for your critique,and for taking the time to post.
I thought I may get more feed back from others ,I see that it has ben looked over 70 times but you are the only one to say anything ,anyway thanks again. ann:)

jerryW
05-30-2003, 10:32 AM
a good picture may have little to do with hard edges

artbabe21
05-31-2003, 09:39 PM
Ann...don't be discouraged at the views vs comments, many times this happens...you have a lot of postives going on here, but needs some tweaking IMO...

darker darks to give it some punch...the left eye as I view it looks larger...perhaps smooth out some lines in the hand, darker shadow between them...you have a beautifully painted mouth, which is not easy...keep painting!!

MikeN
06-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Hi ann,

nice portrait,

Are you rubbing a lot with your fingers?

Your colors look a little muddy *especially the hands*. Maybe too gray. You might try and some pink and light oranges. Lighten them but be careful not to grey them. You may also add some more original colors in your shadows. Just a tad.

Mike

ann4jc
06-01-2003, 03:56 PM
thankyou for all your advice I am taking it on board .
:)