PDA

View Full Version : Critique Please

Lara
05-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Hello Everyone:

Putting myself out there. :eek:

I made this bead yesterday and I like the way it turned out, but I think something is missing or there is too much.

I like how the green pushed the silvered ivory out of the way and gave me these window where the green is living.

I'm not sure that the green on the bottom goes with the color on the top. It is sage or avacado, I'm not sure which, it looks like a pale green/brown, one of the new colors. The green on the bottom is pretty bright.

If you think that the colors don't go, what other color would go OK with this bright green? I would appreciate critique of the decoration of this bead, I know the shape could use some work.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2003/10029-mossokwc.JPG

Thanks

Lara

Queen of Tides
05-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Hi Lara,
no advice, just a compliment on that way cool bead!!!

xoticbead
05-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Hi Lara
I really like the bright green, IMHO the bead would be sort of Blaa
without it. The shape compliments the bright green at the bottom
Way COOL Bead

LIZ

craftylady
05-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Only thing I can say is WOW! :clap: That bead looks good...

Kimberly Affleck
05-28-2003, 11:29 AM
It works for me! I like it!

AlexM
05-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Lara,

It is STUNNINGLY beautiful! I like the way the bright green complements the other neutral colors! Don't you dare change anything about this bead. Send it to Corina for her May silver challenge right away!

Jinx.Garza
05-28-2003, 12:06 PM
It's a really cool bead as is. I'd like to see where you take this. Why not make a series, swapping out the green with a different color every time? I'd love to see the results here!

Jinx

Peg
05-28-2003, 03:43 PM
You might take and just etch the green so it is soffter and will blend more with the rest of bead. Very nice bead. Peg M

juliecab
05-28-2003, 03:49 PM
I really like it Lara--I also like the suggestion of trying different colors. I am assuming you got the window b/c of the bleedin' green....what other colors funk out like that...try EDP, too, and try something that reduces, too...or maybe both. You know me, pile the sh*t on and see what happens....HA!

Lara
05-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Thanks everyone. I did use the green because of it's reaction with the ivory and the silver (also with clear, but the clear doesn't really show up here, but when I encase an entire bead with the clear it is super cool, but I think I will try EDP. I also like the etching idea. BTW the green in Mosaic green.

Lara

PS - Sent it to Corina's challenge already. :D

Kaibeads
05-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Hi!
My suggestion would be change the green to a transparent (amber, gray, clear.. anything works)

That looks like it also might be a good one to etch..

Artaholic
05-29-2003, 12:18 AM
Lara, whatever that green did I would call it bead magic!!Beautiful:clap: :clap: How did that happen??

Gerry

Lara
05-29-2003, 12:52 AM
I have done transparent topaz with a similar technique and it does look really cool.

Gerry - The mosaic green has a mind of it's own and it dose that all by itself. I think part of it is reacting with the silver and part with the ivory. It spread like there is no tomorrow and I think that the other dots of green on the silver kinda slowed it down on this one.

Lara

!ngridh
05-29-2003, 01:07 AM
Sometimes you get the feeling that there is just that something you can't put your finger on... I absolutely LOVE the green effect!

Here is a suggestion that sometimes works for me...it really helped when painting...

Take a picture of the bead and change it to a black and white.
When you do that you will be able to see the contrast of the bead without the distraction of the color. Similar shades can work together well...as long as there is contrast on the gray scale.

I really like the green effect!