View Full Version : sketchbook size

rapolina
05-27-2003, 09:03 AM
which size is your sketchbook?
do you take it anywhere?

ciao, rapolina.

BTDogMom
05-27-2003, 09:56 AM
I have about 5 or 6 different sketchbooks - I have some 9X12's, some 8 1/2 X 5 1/2's, some odd size 1's and a little 3X5, this way I dont' ever have 2 start with an intimidatingly "empty" sketchbook and I bring them everywhere. I choose according 2 the situation - Like if I'm going 2 the Dr. - I'll bring a 9X12, If I'm going 2 a baseball game I'll bring a 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, if I'm gong 2 a business meeting or something I'll bring my 3X5 in my purse. :D :D :rolleyes:

drwells
05-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Hi!

I've got one 11x14 bristol pad one 9x12 bristol pad and a 9x12 sketchpad they go with me just about everywhere.

Danny

els
05-28-2003, 12:12 PM
I have one 8 1/2 X 6 from Winsor&Newton, hard cover...

Elankat
05-28-2003, 02:31 PM
I have four and they range in size from 9" by 12" down to 3" by 5."

After you take into account the one that my son has taken as his own, and the two that I can't ever find, there is usually one on hand (generally the 9" by 12" one). I keep it by my desk and drafting table.

I take it to the other room, on trips, and (occasionally) to the park.

Gutshot
05-29-2003, 01:41 AM
I have several... none to large. Bt the current one I'm working out of the most is 4x6. Really this seems to be to small for a hard bound book though. But it fits neatly into a pocket. Just wish it was spiral bound. Its hard some times to work in. Guess I should have thought of that.

seejay
05-29-2003, 06:49 AM
I seem to prefer an A4 size sketchbook, although I have used an A3 for life drawing.

I tried a couple of A5s, but don't like them that small.

Cheers

magnuscanis
05-29-2003, 11:58 AM
Ciao Rapolina!

I already replied to your thread about sketchbook size in the drawing and sketching forum, but since I've just got a couple of new sketchbooks I'll post a reply here too.

As well as my A6 sketchbook, which is principally intended for carrying around with me to enable me to take up any sketching opportunities that present themselves, I have a number of A5 books which I use at home for planning paintings, testing out colour mixing ideas, doodling etc. I have some larger books which I use for bigger scale work, but I usually take the pages out of those so I don't really think of them as sketchbooks.

My new acquisitions are a spiral bound A5 sketchpad to replace my current main sketchbook (which is just about full) and a slightly larger (10" x 7" or so?) hardback sketchbook which I intend to use for anatomical studies.

rapolina
06-04-2003, 10:51 AM
i thankyou also here in P&I forum.
i bought a A5 one: i'm happy. i'm keeping it with me, sometimes i use it in launch time, but i use also to doodle otherwhere... i hope i will learn to use it, and improve my drawing skill (i need it a lot!).
i used it for my white elefant of sassybird project. i'm still shy in using it...

thanks again, rapolina.:o