PDA

View Full Version : sadness- inks+watercolors

rapolina
05-27-2003, 05:19 AM
i panted this one a night i was very sad.
i wet the paper with water and some drops of glycerine and then
inks and watercolors, directly with the brush.
it's very interesting the way inks
behave in wet paper or when sprayed when still wet.

it's a little greater than A4.
tell me if this kind of use of inks is off topic in this forum.

ciao, rapolina now happy again.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2003/744-tristezza.jpg

Jakeally
05-27-2003, 08:38 AM
I love to see your experiments Rapolina....this is an especially nice result.
Have you tried using a little washup liquid. Mix with the paint or ink and some water until it is frothy and bubbly....the bigger the bubbles the better ....then let dry. You get some really weird patterns

rapolina
05-27-2003, 08:46 AM
thank you Chris for comments and encouragement, but above all for the suggestion! it sounds very interesting :) :) i'll surely try it.

ciao, rapolina.

artdude
05-27-2003, 09:00 AM
I LIKE IT!! Some interesting patterns in this :) You should try this with a few colored inks and see what happens :):D

drwells
05-27-2003, 02:10 PM
tell me if this kind of use of inks is off topic in this forum

Oh rapolina! I don't think we stick to specific topics here. :) We just draw. :D

I see a lightning storm. Very powerful!

Danny

Dave.t
05-27-2003, 02:28 PM
Hi Rapolina....agree with Danny ...if it's ink it's in.

This is a very interesting piece of work...makes me want give it try.

I see it as a view from the bottom of a pond looking upwards towards the light with plants growing up with their tops on the surface of the water.:)

Oldthumbs
05-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Looks like it could be some kind of glowing ball of energy. Yeah - if it's in ink, it's here. :) Hope there weren't any tears mixed in with your water. :(

Ray

prairie painter
05-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Dave.t
I see it as a view from the bottom of a pond looking upwards towards the light with plants growing up with their tops on the surface of the water.:)
That's exactly what I saw! I think Dave.t and I both spent too much of our childhoods swimming in weedy waters:D
It's really, truly beautiful. Seems more calm and isolated than depressive, I'm glad to hear you are not so blue! (did you notice, I now list my age:D )

els
05-28-2003, 12:21 PM
Looks good to me... Have to try these different techniques one day ;)

Blueyog
05-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Beautiful !!!

Because of your title, we could think the paper has been wet with tears ;)

Axl
05-28-2003, 11:35 PM
I love this. I think its beautiful. I love your choices of colour, the patters, and the flow of the peice. Its very charming :D

dolors
05-29-2003, 01:06 AM
Rapolina I like it very much. As the others said you can post what you draw in this forum, we are ink addicts. At first I thought it remembers me like looking through a microscope but now I agree with the pond view. I hope you feel better now.

rapolina
06-03-2003, 06:30 AM
thank you all so much! :D
more then comments, i appreciate your sympathy and i'm happy my work could show my heart.
now i'm much better, luckly (or not?) i change very quickly and deeply my mood... just one little thing and i'm at the stars, just a little sorrow, and it's a drama...

:) ciao, rapolina.

asaenz
06-03-2003, 06:41 AM
Wow, that is very interesting and cool.

Great work.

al

Elankat
06-03-2003, 11:30 AM
If it has inks in it, it's welcome here! :D

This is exquisite. The colors just radiate and glow. It's almost like it has a pulse.