PDA

View Full Version : sadness

rapolina
05-27-2003, 05:07 AM
i panted this one a night i was very sad. the blue turned oout spontaneously, but now i'm thinkink it's a strange coincidence that you say "to feel blue" in english...

inks and watercolors, a little greater than A4.
C&C (comments and critiques !!!) welcome

ciao, rapolina now happy again. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2003/744-tristezza.jpg

Kalibabe
05-27-2003, 05:51 AM
I do have to say Rapolina... I was talking about your paintings with somebody else yesterday I think..... Even when you pain a 'sad' picture, or one that shows your anguish. I STILL percieve a great optimism in there. It seems that in your 'soul' 'depth' 'energies', however you might express it, you are in there, an optimistic person. That does not mean that your pain or sadness shows through less in your painings, rather they are highlighted by the innate optimism you seem to show.

I see in the top right hand corner a figure, reaching out, almost in panic, as if falling with no sign of being caught.

The brightness of the white the optimism, the deep blues the sadness....

Marvellous:D

Xerielle
05-27-2003, 10:23 AM
God...This is just sooooo beautiful. I would DEFINITELY hang it on my wall. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great work!!!

adelphiart
05-27-2003, 02:51 PM
i see the sadness, it gives me the feeling of being
alone in the forest at night,
surrounded by life, fear and feelings . a deep emotional work
nice one shaun ;)

Enia
05-27-2003, 03:50 PM
To me, it feels like I am inside something else looking out - as I contemplate this beautiful work. It's very warm and peaceful, and also hopeful. The light is just perfect! Congratulations!

Enia:clap:

Adrienne
05-28-2003, 07:52 AM
I agree with Kali's perceptive comment that there is a sense of optimism underlying even your saddest paintings.

Rapolina, I think it is wonderful that you can express yourself through your beautiful artwork even when you are in the middle of the sad time or event. Although some of my paintings seem somewhat sad, I can't actually paint them when I'm right in the middle of the situation like you do. It just seems to creep into them later, and I don't usually even see it coming.

So what I'm trying to say is that I feel that you have a tremendous emotional strength that I lack, and I admire you for that, and find your artwork beautiful for it.

heh
05-28-2003, 09:38 AM
the world grows larger as you grow more small
and looking up, all the big things trail into the sky, peer down
obscure the light, but light always finds time to peek through
i like the feeling of depth and placement this carefully, subtly thrusts out

Nisha
05-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Hands of darkness reach out to obscure the light... but they do not succeed.
Yes, your strength and optimism shows and it stands strong.

Thanks for sharing art that is close to your heart.

Nisha:D

Gar
05-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Seems like there is a light behind some of this darkness.

Healer
05-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Rapolina,

I like how you always give us a little bit of an insight to your work every time you post some. I like how you portray the rollercoaster ride of emotions that is life. Italians are good at that - they don't hold back with their emotions. This has a kind of innocent feel and most of all it has a heart - a big heart - and honesty. Those are things I like - they cannot be fabricated. You're telling us your story through your paintings and I like that.

ciao
Andy :cat:

rapolina
05-30-2003, 08:56 AM
thank you everyone for your comment and your sympathy.
it's really a great thing having not only art critiques, but also comprehension. thank you again.
i'm not sure about the value of what i paint, but i paint just for myself with my heart, and it's an encouragement to being undersood so well.

ciao, rapolina.:cat: