PDA

View Full Version : self

r4cord
05-27-2003, 02:50 AM
4' by 7' ish color pen and ink-i guess if you use ink it's not color pencil-live and learn......ps. i hope the moderator can add the orange thing a ma gig to my other pictures - partial nude and i didn't realize.....thankyou http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2003/22753-self.JPG

Jakeally
05-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Excellent stained glass effect and a lovely face. Good job:clap: :clap:

rapolina
05-27-2003, 08:41 AM
beautiful and very suggestive!
ciao, rapolina.:)

artdude
05-27-2003, 09:11 AM
I agree with Chris. This would make a GREAT stained glass piece! Lovely design :D:)

PS: WELCOME to the Pen & Ink forum :D:)

BTDogMom
05-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Roy, beautiful color on this, I agree it would make a great stined glass - excellent work & WELCOME!!!:clap: :clap:

drwells
05-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Welcome, glad you found us. Very nice comp.

Danny

r4cord
05-27-2003, 09:40 PM
this too , is color pencil and ink - could i put it in the color pencil forum? or because i used blk ink - and only -blk ink - disqualifiy ?oh well - i just enjoy getting you rfeedback regardless of where it is-thanks.

Jakeally
05-28-2003, 03:45 AM
I think you are OK to post in this forum as long as there is some ink in your picture.
I can't speak for the CP Forum:eek: :D

Elankat
05-28-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by r4cord
this too , is color pencil and ink - could i put it in the color pencil forum? or because i used blk ink - and only -blk ink - disqualifiy ?oh well - i just enjoy getting you rfeedback regardless of where it is-thanks.

Well, I guess I can speak for CP (since I'm a guide there too). :)

Mixed media pieces could go in any forum that deals with one of the mediums in the piece. They could also go in the Mixed Media forum or one of the appropriate subject forums.

Really, it just depends on what you feel comfortable with or want comments on. The CP forum is going to tend to give you feedback on the use of the colored pencils and color techniques. The ink forum is going to tend to give you feedback on the design elements, use of ink, and such. You can also crosspost and put the work in multiple forums if you wish, since the people differ from forum to forum. In general, people will post a work in one or two forums.

As far as getting feedback, the only suggestion that I'd have is post pieces a few days apart. You'll get more comments that way. If you have several pieces on the first page of a forum, people will tend to post a comment on only one of them.

This is a really gorgeous piece. The design is strong and the colors are just luscious. The textures in the colors are wonderful too! :D

Newwings
05-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Lovely face, nice design work.

Mark
www.newwings.50megs.com

r4cord
05-28-2003, 09:20 PM
you helped me a lot and i appreciate it. it's confusing at first, but i'm getting it. and yes, i won't post so often. i just was a little excited about real artists seeing my work. up till now, only lay-people had seen it. also , in my other works - carmen , wontonwom etc-the women (and men) are shaded in pencil! not ink. all the work i do is... not plain ink- after all ,i'm not a miracle worker.... i hope i haven't confused too many people....thank for all your comments....roy

jjsangel
05-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Hey Roy. Had to go look at this after you told me where it was. I really love this. It does have the same feel to it as my stuff. Don't you love working with P&I and colored pencil. I post my stuff in both forums cause I use both and not all the same people browse both. I agree this would make a great stained glass window. Do you have more stuff like this? Can't wait to see it if you do.

r4cord
05-30-2003, 09:19 PM
hey, and thanks for your comments- really appreciate them.:) yes, i do have several selfs ( i'm full of myself-as you can see) i will post some as soon as i'm off the front page....roy ps. i do love to work with ink and color p. i love the combo!

jjsangel
05-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Great!!! I can't wait to see all of your selves, (selfs?) Well, all of your personalities. hehehe.. I'll have to watch for them...