PDA

View Full Version : new to this forum "Roxy playing Ball

inkskin
05-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone!

Well, let me start out bysaying that I don't paint, but I am interested in it. The only painting I did was in high school 15 years ago, for just a few months. I don't know color, so I became a professional sculptor and I also dabble in scratchboard.

As a way of introducing myself, I thought I would show you some of my stuff which has only just now seen the light of day.I have no clue how I will do now,but I bought some acrylics this weekend and hopefully I will find out soon.I would love to hear your thoughts,the good and the bad.
Thanks,

Heather

Roxy playing ball Acrylic 16x36

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2003/7924-roxy16x36.jpg

surreal
05-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi Heather,
I only have positive things to say about your painting.
I find it extremely interesting.
I love the use of warm and cool colors, the sense of depth you've achieved and the dynamic composition.
I also like your use of contrast.
I do love the eye on the left.
Very impressive expressionistic painting!

inkskin
05-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Thank you so much,Nina.I was feeling a bit nervous,nobody who knows me really likes this kind of thing,(only realistic stuff) so I have noone to give any feedback other than'not my kind of art'.
that's all that is said. So I figured the folks in this forum can tell me where I am going horribly wrong.
It is great to know you like it ,though.I liked it,I am pleased I am not the only one.:D

Heather

rapolina
05-27-2003, 11:38 AM
wow! the first one?? it's amazing!

the figure seems to stand out from the canvas (or whatever is); it's expressive; original; the background is wonderful- :clap: :clap: :clap:

i can't understand what is painted on the upper left corner... i don't llike it, it looks to me out of place in the bg.

thank you for sharing and paint more!

ciao, rapolina.:)

inkskin
05-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Hi rapolina! Thanks for your feedback:D
I know exactly what you mean about the upper left. Now that I see it up on my monitor, I realise I should have gone with my first impulse to leave it out altogether. It is supposed to be part of a big tree we had in our yard,but it isn't necessary. Thanks for pointing that out.Maybe I will end up cropping it.I have a hard time knowing when to develop something and when to let it be.

Thanks,
Heather